Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cadewii

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
For some reason the wifi on this phone has gotten worse using this beta. I am restoring it right now to see if that helps. No I do not use a VPN. It's not all wireless networks, but a good chunk just make the phone crawl and get only 1mbps. I had this issue before with this phone model and Apple replaced it, it was working this did iOS 15 beta, worked and now started to work extremely poor. Not sure if this is a beta issue or a phone issue. Anyone else having problems or suggestions? Thank you.

Reactions: dk001

Samdh90

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2021
Yes,either on or off, still issues.
Try to see if private address is on in the wifi network settings? I know that this issue was first uncovered in iOS 14 but might still be a lingering bug. If it is significantly better with private address off, there is your answer.

cadewii

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Try to see if private address is on in the wifi network settings? I know that this issue was first uncovered in iOS 14 but might still be a lingering bug. If it is significantly better with private address off, there is your answer.
Yup, I have turned this off too, still issues.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
For some reason the wifi on this phone has gotten worse using this beta. I am restoring it right now to see if that helps. No I do not use a VPN. It's not all wireless networks, but a good chunk just make the phone crawl and get only 1mbps. I had this issue before with this phone model and Apple replaced it, it was working this did iOS 15 beta, worked and now started to work extremely poor. Not sure if this is a beta issue or a phone issue. Anyone else having problems or suggestions? Thank you.

It is the beta and this specific device.
I am also running beta 2 on my IPP 11 Pro and have numerous wifi devices in my house.

Since beta 2 my 12 ProMax has had issues. It has become common practice for me to do the wifi off/on to get it to work. It connects, but until I do the off/on there is no data flow.

have filed a report via Feedback.

Reactions: Samdh90

cadewii

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
It is the beta and this specific device.
I am also running beta 2 on my IPP 11 Pro and have numerous wifi devices in my house.

Since beta 2 my 12 ProMax has had issues. It has become common practice for me to do the wifi off/on to get it to work. It connects, but until I do the off/on there is no data flow.

have filed a report via Feedback.
Good to know I'm not the only one. I did just install my 3rd router to see if that would help. I did notice this is the first time that iCloud Private really notification has popped up saying it does not work on this network. Seems like wireless routers that do not work with iCloud Private really work with beta 2. I did file a report via Feedback as well.

Reactions: dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Good to know I'm not the only one. I did just install my 3rd router to see if that would help. I did notice this is the first time that iCloud Private really notification has popped up saying it does not work on this network. Seems like wireless routers that do not work with iCloud Private really work with beta 2. I did file a report via Feedback as well.

Don't have the router issue thankfully. ?

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I am having issues with HotSpot (11 pro max) connecting to my MacBook Pro... My iPad connects to the HotSpot just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.