Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

losmani

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Hi everyone,

Updated my iphone 13 pro to ios 16.1 a couple days ago. Been having issues with facetime: I don’t see the video of the person I facetime with. The issue resolves after restarting the iphone, but it goes back to not working soon after (all by itself). Same issue with video playback on youtube or Netflix or other video app: can’t play any videos. It works briefly after I restart my iphone, but then it breaks again.

Anyone else have the same problems? Is there a fix out there?

Thank you!
Lum

Reactions: ellie2022

ellie2022

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2022
Hi everyone,

Updated my iphone 13 pro to ios 16.1 a couple days ago. Been having issues with facetime: I don’t see the video of the person I facetime with. The issue resolves after restarting the iphone, but it goes back to not working soon after (all by itself). Same issue with video playback on youtube or Netflix or other video app: can’t play any videos. It works briefly after I restart my iphone, but then it breaks again.

Thank you!
Lum

I am having the same issue. iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.1. Getting “something went wrong error” on Youtube app videos. Also getting playback errors on Hulu app and Netflix app. Restarting the phone fixed the issue (for now).

Not seeing this discussed anywhere else.

nishdish13

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2022
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
Lum
Yeah I have the same exact problem and I’m not sure what to do. Might have to wait for another update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.