Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I had turned off Screen Time back in March as I kept running into problems with it. At the time it did sync some time and settings but kept breaking so I shut it off.

With a Screen Time fix listed in the release notes of 16.5 and 13.4 I turned it back on after updating.

Well now nothing syncs, not time nor settings. Basically having “share across devices” toggled on does nothing. It still behaves as if it is off.

Anyone else having problems?

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
So I decided to call “Apple Support” and an advisor told me he talked to a senior advisory and was told that ScreenTime settings don’t sync between devices as Apple hasn’t added that feature.

Really.

Fixes an issue where Screen Time settings may reset or not sync across all devices

Apple Support are idiots.

Frazzles

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2023
I am having the same problem now, and apple support is as usual just a waste of time

fduch

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2024
Screen Time won't sync for me either. It's 2024.

I have a MacBook Pro M1, iPad Pro 11, and iPhone 15 Pro all on the same iCloud account, screen time sync turned on, all software up to date.

Reporting syncs, but the settings sync only partially. For example, App Limits settings do not sync.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I gave up on ScreenTime. It hasn’t worked for years now.

From what I can tell usage time is syncing, but not my device names so there’s no way to see the time for other devices except on my Mac which defaults to showing all devices. Though on my Mac I can’t see screen time for my Mac itself since the device selection control never shows up.

Basically it’s screwed up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.