Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

spartan1967

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2019
That's a ridiculous claim to make.

All software has bugs, not just iOS, despite testing.
Yes, but with Apple's closed ecosystem, limited devices that rely on the iOS software, & 10 months into this 16 release, there should be Zero bugs. I mean having notifications still randomly lining up from the lock screen when you swipe up instead of a smooth presentation is not a good look for Apple. This and many other unresolved bugs at this point show the due diligence memo is not being read or has yet to be created.

Encountering very strange bugs in Safari App. 🤔

Top:

IMG_7297.jpeg

Bottom:

IMG_7296.jpeg

Morgon

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2014
Would you please check if apps with your chosen settings are still visible under "Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services".
I'm worried that with iOS 16.6 the same "location services bug" as with macOS 13.5 has moved in...🙈

@All
Would be great if everyone with iOS 16.6 please check this and if you have any problems, post it here with iPhone model. Thanks!
Well, one of the GPS fixes I had previously found was to outright reset app location preferences, so even after starting from scratch, I'm getting this issue.

I finally did find someone on Reddit that is having a similar issue -- ignore the CarPlay part, that's just when they first noticed it; they later update the post to show that it will happen at anytime. Mine will quit anywhere from one hour (one time, less) to 6 hours.

Ready-for-Apple

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Germany
Well, one of the GPS fixes I had previously found was to outright reset app location preferences, so even after starting from scratch, I'm getting this issue.
🤷‍♂️ Sorry don't understand first passage –why GPS fix, which issue exactly? And which iPhone???

@All
Updated to iOS 16.6 on my iPhone 11 Pro without issues after reboot (as always usual).
Will have a look for that by @Morgon mentioned GPS bug – till now no issue.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
🤷‍♂️ Sorry don't understand first passage –why GPS fix, which issue exactly? And which iPhone???

@All
Updated to iOS 16.5 on my iPhone 11 Pro without issues after reboot (as always usual).
I think iOS 16.5 is not signed anymore, how did you manage to install it?

Morgon

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2014

@All
Updated to iOS 16.5 on my iPhone 11 Pro without issues after reboot (as always usual).
As I mentioned, the phone's GPS stops working after some random time. Doing a blind search online to attempt to fix it myself had links that suggested resetting app privacy preferences (General -> Transfer/Reset -> Reset -> Location & Privacy) could potentially fix it (which of course did not fix this issue in this case). So the question you originally asked on whether those apps kept their Location preferences was moot because I had already reset it.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max

Reactions: Ready-for-Apple

17fox

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2022
Vienna, Austria
Anyone running iOS 16.6 on an A11 device? I’m still not sure of updating my iPhone 8 from iOS 15.7 to 16.6
I do on my 8 Plus. I‘d say that overall performance and battery life is okay, but if you don’t necessarily need iOS 16 features, then stay on iOS 15

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I do on my 8 Plus. I‘d say that overall performance and battery life is okay, but if you don’t necessarily need iOS 16 features, then stay on iOS 15
The only thing, is ChatGPT and an alarm clock app, both of them require iOS 16.1 as a minimum to work on the iPhone.

Also, the most recent security patches, I think it is already time to update because I assume 16.6 is mature enough and there’s no sign of iOS 16.7 coming… but if you tell me that the iPhone feels more sluggish and less snappy or overheats more than on iOS 15.7, I guess I’ll keep waiting…

17fox

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2022
Vienna, Austria
The only thing, is ChatGPT and an alarm clock app, both of them require iOS 16.1 as a minimum to work on the iPhone.

Also, the most recent security patches, I think it is already time to update because I assume 16.6 is mature enough and there’s no sign of iOS 16.7 coming… but if you tell me that the iPhone feels more sluggish and less snappy or overheats more than on iOS 15.7, I guess I’ll keep waiting…
Well, sometimes there're some stutters and lags, but they don't bother me. Keep in mind that I use 8 Plus and you have standard 8 with less RAM, so your experience could be different.

Reactions: Populus

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Well, sometimes there're some stutters and lags, but they don't bother me.
Compared with iOS 15, I assume, right? Because on iOS 15 is not 100% smooth compared to iOS 14 but I guess, by what you’re saying, that performance is worse on iOS 16.6

By the way, I’ve read some people having troubles with WiFi and Bluetooth. Have you had any of this? Or your radios are working perfectly?

17fox

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2022
Vienna, Austria
Compared with iOS 15, I assume, right? Because on iOS 15 is not 100% smooth compared to iOS 14 but I guess, by what you’re saying, that performance is worse on iOS 16.6

By the way, I’ve read some people having troubles with WiFi and Bluetooth. Have you had any of this? Or your radios are working perfectly?
When it comes to wifi, cellular, etc. - everything works perfectly.

Reactions: ph.rei and Populus

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2017
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I've recently started having an intermittent issue with the Messages app on my iPhone 13.

When I open it, it freezes, so I have to force-close and re-launch and it's fine.

It's a minor thing but annoying.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I've recently started having an intermittent issue with the Messages app on my iPhone 13.

When I open it, it freezes, so I have to force-close and re-launch and it's fine.

It's a minor thing but annoying.
I think you’re not the first having that issue. I’ve read it elsewhere.

Reactions: Helmsley
Are you sure that it is related to iOS 17? I guess this bug has been there since iOS 16 and migrated to iOS 17, like a notification one.
My main device (iPhone 14 Pro Max) is currently on iOS 16.6 (20G75) which is the latest iOS 16.6. So, I'm not too sure why I'm encountering these bugs and glitches. I'm so tempted to download iOS 17 beta on my main device now. Roughly 1 month away till the official public release. 🤩

17fox

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2022
Vienna, Austria
My main device (iPhone 14 Pro Max) is currently on iOS 16.6 (20G75) which is the latest iOS 16.6. So, I'm not too sure why I'm encountering these bugs and glitches. I'm so tempted to download iOS 17 beta on my main device now. Roughly 1 month away till the official public release. 🤩
Cool. I do want to install already iOS 17 on my main device, however, I remember beta experience from the last year and prevent myself from doing that. Waiting at least for RC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.