Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hammerd

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2019
Tim Apple
Hi everyone
I find the new gesture (horizontal scroll) to fast forward / backward when playing a video in safari INVERTED.
In the Photos app you would have to scroll the bottom bar (video timeframe) to the left to fast forward. In safari it’s the opposite.
That’s driving me nuts cus I keep going the other way in safari because I am accustomed to the way it is in Photos. Anyone else?
Wish Apple would let users decide the direction

skyehigh13

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2017
Taking the background from photos is terrible. This should never have been released as badly as this , cant help wonder if Jobs would have released something thats not perfected yet.

• Haha
Reactions: MozMan68

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Taking the background from photos is terrible. This should never have been released as badly as this , cant help wonder if Jobs would have released something thats not perfected yet.

Works well for me.

You used to have to pay $750 for Adobe Photoshop to be able to do this. I’m pretty happy with not having to do that.

Also, ever heard of MobileMe?

Fordski

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2020
Works well for me.

You used to have to pay $750 for Adobe Photoshop to be able to do this. I’m pretty happy with not having to do that.

Also, ever heard of MobileMe?
Ahhh MobileMe, years later I'm still dealing with having to use 2 apple IDs.

Also I personally love the photos option, it's great fun!

Shagles

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2018
Except that the complainer did not say that he/she was attempting to do this on the Lock Screen widget.
Isn't this a thread for new features in iOS16? The only new weather widget is on the lock screen. Seems like a logical connection to make.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Isn't this a thread for new features in iOS16? The only new weather widget is on the lock screen. Seems like a logical connection to make.
The weather app (and its associated widgets) underwent significant changes in iOS 16. The post could easily have been about home screen weather widgets too. In fact, that's how I and at least one other read it.

But my real points are: (A) don't call features stupid; it sounds childish. And (B), if you are complaining about something, be clear about what you are complaining about. Other members should not have to play mental connect the dots or be a mind reader to figure it out. It costs nothing to include necessary detail in a post.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
Can you explain what problem you're having?

The posts that just say something "is terrible" or "have they fixed the bug with Mail" are hard to follow. Even if you're just venting, we don't know what you're talking about.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
My personal Memojis are gone now from iPad and MBA. I had to do them again and now have the two sets on iPhone ! Anyone else ?

OTOH , does someone help me figure out how to paste an image I’ve lifted from a picture to another picture ??? The only way I manage to do it is through the Canva app. There must be an easier way but I can’t find it …

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
My personal Memojis are gone now from iPad and MBA. I had to do them again and now have the two sets on iPhone ! Anyone else ?

OTOH , does someone help me figure out how to paste an image I’ve lifted from a picture to another picture ??? The only way I manage to do it is through the Canva app. There must be an easier way but I can’t find it …

If you use the “right click” menu once you select an image, you can save it to your photos library. From there you could use it in a layer in photoshop or similar editor. It’s a PNG file so like other PNG files you can’t just lay it on top of another image without an editor.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
If you use the “right click” menu once you select an image, you can save it to your photos library. From there you could use it in a layer in photoshop or similar editor. It’s a PNG file so like other PNG files you can’t just lay it on top of another image without an editor.
Thank you for answering :) I've tried and tried but just can't do it without Canva. I can't find a way to paste it without an editor .

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
iOS 16... lets see...

• Battery percentage is ugly garbage. (these designers make a 6 figure salary)
  • Being able to recover deleted messages COOL! Except you cant actually read them, you have to recover them first, USELESS!
  • Lock-screen is a complete joke. What font are they using for the clock? 3rd-grader?
  • After 5+ years with a fullscreen phone there STILL is no way to turn off the home-bar because Apple thinks its customers are 8 years old (see Lock-screen is a complete joke).
  • There STILL is no way to add a VPN toggle to the control center.
  • Turn the green dot off on the earth. I know where I freaking am.
  • Camera control layout is still terrible.
  • Apple watch STILL can't tell you the battery level of your iPhone (without a 3rd party app)
  • Any text message from someone NOT in my contacts will now ask if its Junk, adding another step in deleting every message (this needs to be smarter).

....It's the little things

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I don’t know if I missed it after previous upgrades but being prompted to merge duplicate contacts was nice.

Duplicate photos was nice as well.

Nic727

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
Is there any ways to get battery % only when reaching 20% like on previous IOS. Now it’s always off or always on. Also red battery icon is inexistant now.

——

Is there a way to reduce the shadow behind app name on lighter wallpaper? I’m sure it wasn’t like that on iOS 15.
1663206015590.png

Reactions: Godspeed8230

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I turned off the new feature as it prevented me from seeing when phone is charging. It's no big deal to swipe in control center to check the exact percentage.
Made a shortcuts to tell me when phone is 20% and 80%

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Would also like to know this. its super annoying.
I tried creating a Shortcut for something like this, but am not seeing this as an option. I’d suggest submitting feedback to Apple as a ‘Suggestion’. It’s a great idea.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I turned off the new feature as it prevented me from seeing when phone is charging. It's no big deal to swipe in control center to check the exact percentage.
Made a shortcuts to tell me when phone is 20% and 80%
When it's charging it's green. When it's not, it's white.

RedGT

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2014
London innit
I’ve skimmed through this thread…sorry if someone else has mentioned this, but on my 13pro max the whole interface seems somehow cleaner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.