Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hitmanbbq59

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2020
iPhone 14 Pro needs a toggle within settings to allow only text to be visible when off. There have been numerous times that I thought the phone was on but it was the always on display just being too bright. It does not help that we can see the wallpaper too. I know there are some tricks to get a black background, but it needs to be native, given the backlash about the wallpaper being visible and it being too bright.

Reactions: Appleuser823

blurryautopilot

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Erm...I have a solid black background on my AOD...Just selected colors, then solid, then I picked black. Works a treat.

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
That's just because you THINK an AOD should just be a borring black screen with only a little bit of text on it. Stop living in the past and embrace the future more. 👍

iau

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2009
Erm...I have a solid black background on my AOD...Just selected colors, then solid, then I picked black. Works a treat.
But how do you manage to get the proper lock sreen wallpaper on when pressing the side button or rising it to wake? Won1t it just still show just a black screen?

Personally I want a wallpaper, but when the AOD I onlyh need to she the clock (and whatever widgets I chose to use).

Reactions: Hitmanbbq59
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.