Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chadwick83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2023
I have an iPhone 13 pro max still running iOS 15.7.1 and my early 2011 MacBook pro is running High Sierra 10.13.6. I see many people saying not to update my iPhone to iOS 16 because calendar, notes and reminders won't auto sync over wifi. I have also seen people saying they are still compatible and will auto sync.

I rely on those 3 apps the most in my daily life. iTunes on my MacBook pro is version 12.8.3.1.

I have not pushed the upgrade button on my iPhone reminders app because I have also seen people say if I do that, reminders will not longer auto sync with the version on my MacBook running High Sierra 10.13.6.

I want to get to the bottom of this as I want to upgrade my iOS to 16...If I upgrade to iOS 16 will my notes, reminders and calendar on my iPhone still auto sync with notes, reminders and calendar on my MacBook running High Sierra 10.13.6.

If they will not sync I guess ill stay with iOS 15 until I get a newer computers.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide to clear up this matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.