Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DC41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
I don't know what's changed, but since updating my 13 Pro to the 16.0 beta, neither my MacBook Pro/FaceTime nor Apple Watch will work with my iPhone to handle voice calls while ExpressVPN is connected on either my iPhone or MacBook. I get a moment of silence, and then the call is dropped. I spent several hours troubleshooting and making sure it was repeatable. Has anyone else had this problem?

The only other VPN I've tried is Lockdown, and there were no problems there. I guess the next step is trying NordVPN and some others with free trials to see if the same problem exists with them.

I've notified ExpressVPN of the problem, but who knows if a real human reads those comments and bug reports. If it is an incompatibility, ExpressVPN will have their hands full when 16 goes golden. And just when they finally came out with an Apple silicon version for my MacBook Pro!

Shayan_al

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2019
they are actually the best in the industry, specially in terms of software development.they just released a apple silicon version and got rid of some bugs that i myself reported to them about windows version too. since ios 16 is still in beta we can not blame them.

BNAJay2

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2022
Nashville
I’m having issues with iPhone 14 Pro not sending texts with an image (photo or emoji) to Android phones. “Not delivered” error. Disconnecting from ExpressVPN seemed to fix it. Didn’t affect other iPhones, just Android. Hopefully Express is working on an app update.

Mtns2Hike

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2022
Not to hijack your thread....
On iPhone 13 Pro Max (iOS 16.0.2). Problem sending and receiving texts using iMessage and ExpressVPN. When ExpressVPN is off, messages go in and out no problem. ExpressVPN tech support could not replicate the problem using an iPhone, ExpressVPN and iMessage. My carrier T-mobile tech support, said not a problem on their end and that Apple's websites indicate a problem with VPNs and iMessage since iOS 16 update. I'm baffled....:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.