Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkflameTalksApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2022
I just bought an iPod touch 7th gen and it is good for an mp3 player and even better considering the fact that it is cheaper than most apple products. IOS 16 is coming out soon and there are many rumors that say it won't support iPod-like devices. This abolishes the hope of a good, cheap Apple product other than the iPhone SE.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I just bought an iPod touch 7th gen and it is good for an mp3 player and even better considering the fact that it is cheaper than most apple products. IOS 16 is coming out soon and there are many rumors that say it won't support iPod-like devices. This abolishes the hope of a good, cheap Apple product other than the iPhone SE.
It's likely going to support it but there is no hope like you say... The iPod has been discontinued

Funny Apple Man

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2022
Hamburger Land
Consider it a blessing in disguise, that means apple won't mess it their device with new software, to be honest I just literally fired up my old iphone 4s and was shocked on how much I really missed ios 9, things were simple for sure.
I turned on my old 4s a while back with iOS 9 on it. It was painfully slow to use.

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2020
I turned on my old 4s a while back with iOS 9 on it. It was painfully slow to use.
I started mine from scratch and only installed the apps I needed, I’m only using apps that work with iOS 9 and so far so good to be honest, it does the job and executes them as I remember 🫣

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
Now all the code referencing 4” screens and iPods and anything without a ML core on an iPhone can be deleted.

Going forward, everything iOS supports biometrics, at least a 4.7” screen, is a phone, has a ML engine (though the iP8/8+/X has the gimped ML engine), and has bigLittle architecture that can flex between performance and efficiency all at the same time.

Reactions: Slix and ackmondual
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.