Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Quite sad to think about. Itā€™d be amazing if Apple could include all the wallpapers dating back to the original iPhone in upgraded, device-appropriate resolutions and perhaps some even with their own respective dark mode versions.
The good old days. šŸ˜ƒ

Apple$

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2021
I'd be not surprised if the A9 processor phones and tablets get another year of updates. Or if Apple kills off the support for A9 powered devices. But it could go either way.

Andrew73875

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2022
1. Less white colour across iOS, more balanced UI colours.

From this

iphone-6-how-dial-call-3.jpg

to something like this

0044-4-iphone-keypad.png

2. Music App with full screen album covers:

overview_music.jpg

Ability to edit icons in the tab bar:

musicscreen-jpg.1962375

And cover flow or similar landscape mode

music_hero.jpg

3. Fix second call screen.

From this

iphone-second-incoming-call-screen.jpg

into something like this:

205611510_564938721551898_869730947225904655_n.jpg

Last edited:

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
I hope they give us an email client back end which has some concept of being actually in sync in all devices at the same time rather than 10 seconds after you open the mail app.
If I remember correctly, this never used to be an issue. Maybe the last 6-7 years. Before that, I could read an email on my iPhone and notice the unread badge disappear on my iOS with out opening the mail app on the iPad and vice-versa.

So much for everything staying in sync automatically. Having to manually open the mail app isnā€™t automatic/it just works

Reactions: JesusSaves

Danfango

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2022
London, UK
If I remember correctly, this never used to be an issue. Maybe the last 6-7 years. Before that, I could read an email on my iPhone and notice the unread badge disappear on my iOS with out opening the mail app on the iPad and vice-versa.

So much for everything staying in sync automatically. Having to manually open the mail app isnā€™t automatic/it just works
Unfortunately it has always been like this as far back as I remember. The issue is it uses IMAP behind the scenes which requires a persistent connection to get notifications. They would have to replace the entire IMAP system with something else.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
Unfortunately it has always been like this as far back as I remember. The issue is it uses IMAP behind the scenes which requires a persistent connection to get notifications. They would have to replace the entire IMAP system with something else.
IMAP, yes, but I could have sworn iCloud mail behaved differently.

Pearsey

Contributor
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
I get that, but I feel the people doing it early just wanna have there name on it for a year, but i feel itā€™s annoying seeing both 15 and 16 we are like 3 months away maybe a month before is good but itā€™s done now congrats

You made a speculation first, then complained about this being to early in a second postā€¦ huh?!?

I donā€™t think Mozman created this to get his name on a forum for a year ?. You sound a bit gutted to be honest, better luck next year ?

joshuabeg

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2022
Santa Clarita, CA
The ability to choose which holidays you want to see in Calendars would be awesome!

Would prefer to not see Columbus Day, Groundhog Day etc. ?

Last edited:

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
All I really want is more more more SwiftUI capabilities ?

(And a lot more stability, we need that badly...)

pianostar9

macrumors regular

Kierkegaarden

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2018
USA
I hope for some UI changes, as the UI has become boring now, after 9-10 years.
What does ā€œboringā€ mean to you? Do you believe a good OS UI should not be ā€œboringā€? What would have to change?

Give us an example of a UI that you feel is not ā€œboringā€ so we have some context.

Reactions: brucemr

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
  • Bring back Control Center of iOS 7 to iOS 10
  • Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on Control Center and not just temporarily disconnect
  • Bring back at least the default wallpapers from previous iOS versions if they cannot restore all of them
  • Bring back the iOS 6 look and feel... We have the flat design for almost 9 years now and it's about time to go back or at least another visual change...
  • Battery Health for iPod touch and iPad
  • Allow users to switch between icons on home screen and widgets on separate screen or icons and widgets on home screen combined...
  • Fix the bug[?]/feature[?] that once a page is full of icons the icon of the newly downloaded app gets placed to the very first page [which was never the behavior in prior iOS versions and I only seem to notice it on iOS 15.x]
  • Video FPS or photo resolution options within the iOS camera app and not through Settings
  • AirDrop support for Windows and Linux
  • Split Screen for Plus/Max models similar to Galaxy Note in previous years
  • First party calculator app for iPad
  • File browser that can access both Photo and Video Library and other files saved by apps
  • Bring Apple Music as close to Spotify in terms of features and usability as possible

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.