Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
When all the gas stations put in the right equipment and software. Not planning on soon

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
A lot of the gas stations by me have implemented tap to pay so that’s exciting as I use Apple Pay where applicable. Paying from CarPlay would be insanity.

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2021
Esso and Petro-Canada already have these remote pay function in their app. Just a matter of time to implement for CarPlay.

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Esso and Petro-Canada already have these remote pay function in their app. Just a matter of time to implement for CarPlay.

I rarely have high hopes for these companies in terms of Software but it they seem to be turning it around. All of their latest apps are actually decent. Shell also has this functionality along with remotely authenticating their Carwash too.

It would be awesome to pull up to a gas station, click the app, select the Gas Dispenser Number, get out and start filling from my dashboard instead of fumbling my phone.

MikeDr206

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2021
76 in the states has this function. It works great. When I pull up to the pump, it recognizes that I’m at the gas station in question. I just have to tell it the pump number, and within 5 seconds the pump is ready to go.

Get 10 cents off a gallon to boot, regardless of credit card used.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.