Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seahawk0422

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Can anyone else confirm that the Notification-Center stuttering issue still persists in this new build on their device, as well as the new 15/15 Pro modells? Im also curious about that.

This Notification Center bug seems to affect all Face ID models that has the 'Search' function Enabled in the Home Screen settings in the Settings app.

If you scroll between your pages on the home screen, the swipe down to check the notification center, it is very noticeably lagging/dropping frames. (Especially on ProMotion models)
It can be reproduced on all models.
Sadly, since no new Build has been released, this issue still persists. (And everyone who updates will have it as a bug, as it seems..).

iPhonNick

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
Netherlands
I'm not seeing it on my 14 Pro, iOS 17.0.1.
Scrolling through notifications in the notification does stutter (present since iOS 16), but swiping down to check the notifications is smooth for me.

Seahawk0422

macrumors newbie
Original poster
I'm not seeing it on my 14 Pro, iOS 17.0.1.
Scrolling through notifications in the notification does stutter (present since iOS 16), but swiping down to check the notifications is smooth for me.
Does it work stutter-free if you enable the Search funcion in Settings?
(From Settings - Home Screen and App library)

With it being enabled, thats where you can notice the screen being stuttery after swiping down.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Yes, I can confirm that enabling Search on the Home Screen does result in Notification Center stuttering on my iPhone 12 mini running iOS 17.0.1

iPhonNick

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
Netherlands
Does it work stutter-free if you enable the Search funcion in Settings?
(From Settings - Home Screen and App library)

With it being enabled, thats where you can notice the screen being stuttery after swiping down.
If enabled, it does stutter.
Not sure if it's reported, but I've send Feedback.

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
flipping heck! you're right - disabling this toggle -

IMG_5070.jpeg
"show on home screen" in Settings > Home Screen & App Library just disables the word "Search" from appearing over the page-indicator dots on the home screen. You can still do the swipe-down to search -- but for whatever reason. ALL the UI lag is gone! Like... night and day. Weird. Still on 17.0.1 no change or even a reboot there.

How did you figure this out??

Reactions: LoveToMacRumors
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.