Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mikelets456

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
So did iOS 17.1.2 fix the WiFi connectivity issue or not? It still didn’t do anything for my iPhone SE’s WiFi. I still have to disconnect, then connect before my WiFi works. Guess iOS 17.2 is the one that will do it …
I’ve been seeing this type of post a lot. What exactly happens? My 15 PM, wife’s 12 and my daughter’s 14 PM don’t exhibit any wifi issues at all.

Now my IPad with 17.1 did disconnect every minute or so unless connected off my iPhone set up as a hot spot. Is that the issue?

Reactions: Heymily

Heymily

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2023
Europe
I’ve been seeing this type of post a lot. What exactly happens? My 15 PM, wife’s 12 and my daughter’s 14 PM don’t exhibit any wifi issues at all.

Now my IPad with 17.1 did disconnect every minute or so unless connected off my iPhone set up as a hot spot. Is that the issue?
I'm having the same problem, it's improved a little since 17.1.1, a few weeks ago but it's still very present. Basically, the Wi-Fi disconnects (and I switch back to 5G) or the Wi-Fi stays connected but it's like the latency is HUGE, like loading a page freezes, or my Twitter feed stops loading. It's an iPhone 14.

Reactions: mikelets456

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Whole lotta people on Reddit saying that there’s an Apple Music bug with this update that keeps toggling “Add Playlist Songs” on, no matter how many times you turn it off. Every time you add a song to a playlist, the toggle turns back on by itself.

As a result, anything added to playlists gets added to the user’s library… and then, of course, deleting the stuff from the library also deletes it from the playlists because Apple Music is dumb like that.

Reactions: prefuse07

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Last edited:

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Whole lotta people on Reddit saying that there’s an Apple Music bug with this update that keeps toggling “Add Playlist Songs” on, no matter how many times you turn it off. Every time you add a song to a playlist, the toggle turns back on by itself.

As a result, anything added to playlists gets added to the user’s library… and then, of course, deleting the stuff from the library also deletes it from the playlists because Apple Music is dumb like that.

Not happening on my device. Add Playlist Songs stays off after adding a new song to a playlist. I've had this setting off for as long as remember and haven't run into this issue.

Reactions: s2mike

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Noticed this on 17.1, but my buddy and I always send long iMessage audio recordings (5-12 min long) and my iPhone 15 Pro always gets real hot when listening to audio messages.

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Is there a problem with the phone bricking? I think my friend is teasing me about his relatives phones bricking after updating. (EDIT: Fixed by doing a full software restore plugged in to computer.)

Possibly! I had no issue with my 15PM, but my dad's 15 Plus has no touch screen after updating (and force resetting multiple times). He can press buttons and he was able to use Siri before resetting, but no touchscreen at all.

Last edited:

fantomcheung

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2015
The "add songs to your library when add them to playlists " will be automatically turn back on in this update!

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Haven't been using it for that many days but feels pretty much like 17.1.2 on my iPhone 13 pro 256 (which is good).
I haven't had any issues with mine and I would say batterylife is slightly better compared to 16.7.2.
The only change i've done after the install is to turn off "standby" mode since I don't use it.

The 13 Pro is my personal phone but I am also using it on a 11 and 14, company phones.
The company phones hasn't been used much since the patch was applied to really can't say much about them.

ios3

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2022
freaking wallpaper blur effect is still broken on the Home Screen!!!!
My apologies for being off topic, can you share a link to that wallpaper?

Thank you to all reporting these iOS 17 bugs.

Aftermath747

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015

WiFi is constantly dropping on my iPad Pro, even worse than 17.1.1. It’s driving me insane.

handsomelife

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2010
The time on my 15 pro Lock Screen doesn’t change when the screen dims to the always on display.

It just remains at the time it was when the screen dimmed.

Anyone else having the same problem?

theoapo

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2015
Athens, Greece
Yes

The "add songs to your library when add them to playlists " will be automatically turn back on in this update!

Yeah this is happening to lots of people

Thank you for your posts!
Almost drove me crazy, googled for it but didn't find anything. Can you point me to any Reddit thread?
Thank in advance!

-edit-
nvm found some :)

-edit2-
apple forum discussions, the first one has a workaround (post by Hannahbrownme)

Last edited:

vinegarshots

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2018
I dropped another percent since updating, down to 91% after about 15 months. Battery life is absolutely horrible.
Sounds pretty good to me.

Apple specifies that their batteries are designed to go 500 charge cycles before they hit 80%.

If you charge once a day for 15 months, thats almost 500 cycles. In that case, being at 91% would actually be better than expected...

I think some people see others with battery health showing 100% after a year and a half and get the expectation that theirs should too...and don't realize that it's impossible and it's more likely a false reading of the battery health.

MrRom92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2021
Nothing is working. It does not seem I can update my 14 Pro Max to 17.1.2
It tells me iTunes must be updated to the latest version in order to install this update
I go to update iTunes and it tells me I am already using the latest version

More typically broken and unusable Apple software!

13paul13

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2019
Nothing is working. It does not seem I can update my 14 Pro Max to 17.1.2
It tells me iTunes must be updated to the latest version in order to install this update
I go to update iTunes and it tells me I am already using the latest version

More typically broken and unusable Apple software!
I think the Microsoft Store version of iTunes works. But the version you can download from the internet doesn’t, it gives the message you’re describing despite it being up-to-date.

Edit: a link to a post from a couple of months ago.

Post in thread 'iOS 17.1 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements (iPhone 15 models)'
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ements-iphone-15-models.2408210/post-32671210

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.