Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purplewhatpurple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2023
Does anyone notice whenever you need to adjust the volume bar after a certain amount of time (must be more than a few minutes I think, like a good while), it will appear a small little glitch? It's really fast and if you rarely pay attention to detail, you might not be able to catch it but I'm a bit crazy with my OCD so... lol.

It only happens after the iOS 17.2 update and it's kinda bugging me out. Tried restart/force restart, nothing worked. I'm using the 15 Pro.

Thank you!

epochy

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2024
I’m having the same exact issue on iPhone 15 iOS 17.2.1. It drives me crazy. Think it’s a software problem. Do u still have it?

Reeneman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2021
Started with 17.2 and it’s still there in 17.3 b3 unfortunately.
Nothing major but it bothers me, too.

Reeneman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2021
It’s a short flickering.
Try to reproduce it.
Play some audio, podcast for example on your iPhone.
Change the volume over control center, go back to podcast app and change the volume there (probably you see it already), then go back to control center and extend the volume slider - change volume again. You can see this short flickering of the volume bar.

It’s nothing major.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2021
I saw like a 1 frame flicker.

For what it's worth, I always change the volume using the physical buttons since I get a better feel for what the volume level is at when I used the button volume 16 steps.

Reeneman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2021
17.3 RC still has the flicker.
I guess we carry this and the squared notifications at least until iOS 18.

Reactions: Populus

obedientshark

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2024
Arrrghhh. Hope is gone, guess we will see this as least until iOS 18.
Curious if the squared notifications will be fixed with iOS 18.
I’ve reported this issue thrice and reset my phone twice. Every time I adjust the brightness and volume slider with the hope that one day it won’t glitch. Really hoping Apple fixes it soon.

What do you mean by square badges though?

Quille

Suspended
Jan 29, 2024
There is also a bug that causes the control center to lag when you interact with it at the time of the automatic brightness change.

It’s been fixed on 17.4 b1?

obedientshark

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2024
Yes, this seems fixed. I faced this a few times and didn’t consciously notice it but now it’s gone.

Quille

Suspended
Jan 29, 2024
Yes, this seems fixed. I faced this a few times and didn’t consciously notice it but now it’s gone.
How is your overall experience with 17.4 b1, battery life, performance?
Is it worth betting on a regular 13?

I can't sit on 17.3 it's still a buggy system. I really regret that I traded 16.7.1 for 17.1

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2021
Wait, do people really prefer to use the volume slider in control center vs just pressing the buttons on the side of the phone?

Quille

Suspended
Jan 29, 2024
Wait, do people really prefer to use the volume slider in control center vs just pressing the buttons on the side of the phone?
Yes, of course, you get a more subtle volume control. Personally, I use the buttons to quickly turn down the volume to 0, or to get a high volume level very quickly.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2021
Yes, of course, you get a more subtle volume control. Personally, I use the buttons to quickly turn down the volume to 0, or to get a high volume level very quickly.
I use the buttons just because I can always know the exact volume my phone is at so I can remember my preferred loudness. If I use the slider, it's too granular and I would never know what percentage I'm on exactly.

So with the buttons, I know 8 clicks from 0 is 50% and then I can go up or down from there to know where I like it, then when I'm comfortable I make a mental note of how many clicks I like certain headphones to be (all headphones have different impedances/sensitivities which effect their volume output).

obedientshark

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2024
How is your overall experience with 17.4 b1, battery life, performance?
Is it worth betting on a regular 13?

I can't sit on 17.3 it's still a buggy system. I really regret that I traded 16.7.1 for 17.1
Hey, sorry for the late reply. The experience has been really good. Currently using 17.4 DB2 and it’s going good too. Sure, there are some issues but they aren’t a dealbreaker.

And also! The volume and brightness slider glitch seems to be fixed. It’s been more than 24 hours since I installed it and haven’t seen it even once.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
I noticed the animation would glitch on my 15 Pro Max. That's stopped now I think I haven't noticed it but now it also changes the volume. If i swipe it down completely it will raise the volume back up a little so I need to swipe it down again. I mean if I try set volume to 0% it will bounce back up to ~5%. So annoying.

obedientshark

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2024
Yes, noticed the same on my iPhone 13. It goes back to around 10% volume when I flick, but not when I slowly drag it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.