Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

WildstarBR2020

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2020
I understand the whole reindexing things, etc etc, but my IP15PM is a little warmer than usual after the update yesterday. Battery seems to be affected as well. Let’s see the stats in a few more hours.

Reactions: GoldenChild

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
15PM

• Badges are still borked. Never know if the number is correct or not. Since b1.
  • AWU is mirrored to 15PM and not all notifications, messages, or calls go through to the AWU. Since b1.
  • Safari - running into some videos that will not play in Safari. Seeing this in Reddit, X, and other sites. Videos play fine in Safari on MBP. New For b4.
  • Notifications on lockscreen on 15PM will display and hold for a few seconds to several minutes. Not sure why and am looking into this. New for b4.
  • Messages on 15PM are forwarded to my iPad Pro 11. These are showing up in notifications on the iPad first before the 15PM pretty much 100%. New for b4.
  • Battery is pretty much same as b2 and better than b3. Still need more time for a better determination.
  • Safari - some site, ex: Amazon, when selecting the thumbnail for a product, it opens the photo menu instead of the Open item menu. Had on b1, fixed on b2/b2, back again for b4. See attached. (Amazon),

More to come.

Attachments

• IMG_0543.jpeg
    IMG_0543.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
15 ProMax
MS Teams

I suspect this is an app issue.
When on a video/voice call in Teams, when a guest dials into the event, it brings up the phone call answer screen and kicks you out of the video call. Sound is fine. Video is not. You have to drop and dial back in to reconnect video.

Had this occur yesterday 1x and 2x this morning.
A hard reboot was performed last night.

UPDATE: Teams in the browser works fine. Issue appears to be occurring when using the Teams app.

Feedback submitted.

Last edited:

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
15 ProMax
Battery > Find My

I have this feature disabled on my 15PM yet it is consistently showing up in the Battery consumption list during the Focus DND/Sleep hours. The actual battery use is blank.

Any ideas?

Looking for thoughts before I file a Feedback. 🧐

Reactions: GoldenChild

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
15 ProMax
MS Teams

When on a video/voice call in Teams, when a guest dials into the event, it brings up the phone call answer screen and kicks you out of the video call. Sound is fine. Video is not. You have to drop and dial back in to reconnect video.

UPDATE: Teams in the browser works fine. Issue appears to be occurring when using the Teams app.

Feedback submitted.

The MS Teams app is a mess. Especially if running it on more than one device. Badge counts are inflated, and do not clear if chat is read on a different device. Completely deleting and reinstalling works until you again receive a message and read it on another device.

It’s another hosed MS app. It seems their roadmap is to integrate everything into a single (web based) app, with forced One Drive cloud storage. Unfortunately, features and usability are being stripped away. The mobile office apps are unusable for anything but viewing documents, and the Office 365 app is a joke. Even the new desktop version of Outlook removes the ability to drag attachments from a message to the desktop.

Reactions: dk001

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
15 ProMax
MS Teams

Feedback submitted.

The MS Teams app is a mess. Especially if running it on more than one device. Badge counts are inflated, and do not clear if chat is read on a different device. Completely deleting and reinstalling works until you again receive a message and read it on another device.

It’s another hosed MS app. It seems their roadmap is to integrate everything into a single (web based) app, with forced One Drive cloud storage. Unfortunately, features and usability are being stripped away. The mobile office apps are unusable for anything but viewing documents, and the Office 365 app is a joke. Even the new desktop version of Outlook removes the ability to drag attachments from a message to the desktop.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014

Unfortunately it is what is used by my employer. :rolleyes:
The whole MS suite. Teams seems to be the most problematic of the bunch that runs on iOS.
Conversely it runs significantly better on my Android. Go figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: duri and bilibug

Pearsey

Contributor
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
15 ProMax
Battery > Find My

I have this feature disabled on my 15PM yet it is consistently showing up in the Battery consumption list during the Focus DND/Sleep hours. The actual battery use is blank.

Any ideas?

Turn everything on then off.
Delete the app.
Reinstall it or see if not having it does anything.

Would be what I’d do.

Reactions: dk001 and Macx69

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
One item of note; spell and grammar checking is much worse. Had to turn it off.
Was doing a several line message and it kept updating the text with changes as I watched. :oops:
Definitely worse than b3.

That tendency to change things after you’ve typed and moved on is absolutely maddening. I can’t say how many times I’ve had to edit something after the fact to fix one of these “corrections”. There is no excuse for them doing that.

Pearsey

Contributor
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
15 ProMax
Battery > Find My

Any ideas?

My wife just got a new phone, no beta, and I was playing around in Find My to see if she could still track my phone. My phone got seriously hot I had to shut it down as it was being found.

Seems like there is something not working properly there then. That would easily effect battery life with some sort of over processing going on.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
15 ProMax
Battery > Find My

Any ideas?

I have the same 💩 happening on 17.4.1. Find My constantly running and loosing over 10% over night

Natya Sadella

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2016
Yeah battery life is brutal on this one. Not using my iPhone a lot since I got the latest iPad Air but at least on iPadOS, I have to charge it twice a day instead of once per day now

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
One item of note; spell and grammar checking is much worse. Had to turn it off.
Was doing a several line message and it kept updating the text with changes as I watched. :oops:
Definitely worse than b3.
We’ll have to be watching if this keeps happening on the RC, because if this bug stays, I’m not updating. Typing is a core feature for me.

Please report it if you haven’t done so.

Reactions: dk001

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Yeah battery life is brutal on this one. Not using my iPhone a lot since I got the latest iPad Air but at least on iPadOS, I have to charge it twice a day instead of once per day now
What do you mean by brutal? Much better, or much worse? Beta 3 or beta 4? Compared with…?

Cu5co

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2015
Safari is always reloading pages in this beta. Very very annoying. Sometimes, this bug returns and safari it’s almost unusable 😡

• Sad
Reactions: Populus

cigz

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2016
Notifications are broken for me on this beta.
They don't disappear when I tap on them, when I erase them, they reappear after some time or they don't show up at all and today I randomly picked up my phone just to see few notifications that showed time for yesterday. There was no vibration, no sound, they were just there.
And no, I didn't forget to erase them. I check my notifications all the time by swiping up.
This is happening for both 1st and 3rd party apps.

• Wow
Reactions: roncron

iLuddite

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2023
My 14 Pro runs really hot on beta 4. :(
Weird—15, with similar internals, pretty much cool as a cucumber here. Installed OTA.

Also seeing more-than-satisfactory battery life but for what it’s worth I don’t use Find My whatsoever; I even have the app uninstalled.

Natya Sadella

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2016
What do you mean by brutal? Much better, or much worse? Beta 3 or beta 4? Compared with…?
I said I have to charge it twice instead once per day, of course that means it’s much better. Beta 4 because we’re in the beta 4 thread, compared with.. beta 3?

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I said I have to charge it twice instead once per day, of course that means it’s much better. Beta 4 because we’re in the beta 4 thread, compared with.. beta 3?
I'm sorry, maybe I'm not understanding you correctly, but if you have to charge it twice instead of once, that means it is much worse. I mean, if the beta 4 was better, you would only have to charge it once per day, because the machine would be more efficient. And if you have to charge it twice instead of once, it means you get out of charge faster, which means worse battery life. That's why I deduced that brutal meant much worse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.