Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
My main thing I like from the public betas so far (besides interactive widgets) has been:
- automatically run (without a confirmation) an Automation as setup with Apple Shortcuts app for bluetooth connections such as my car or headphones. Works great with supported audio apps.
Can you share this shortcut? I clicked the link and it took me to the App Store.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Can you share this shortcut? I clicked the link and it took me to the App Store.

It’s actually an automation not a shortcut. Here is the WiFi version (there is one for Bluetooth also). From there you choose the device (in the case of Bluetooth) or network (in the case of WiFi) you are connecting to and it will then allow you to run a shortcut of your choosing. In my case, I use the WiFi one to connect to start my vpn on public networks. You could do this before but you had to confirm it via a dialog before it would do so.

27c98236c1c724fa1891b356f4446777.jpg

sonic1000

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2022
YES! On the latest public beta my phone vibrates when turning silent mode on. I hope to god this isn’t a bug. I’ve hated that change since day one.

Reactions: Brad7

jpdunn13

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2022
I don't think this is beta related, but I really get annoyed when I'm playing a game with the silent mode on and everything is fine until one of the annoying ads comes up and overrides the setting on the silent switch.

EDIT: It's not all ads, only some of them. I'll try a make a list if anyone is interested.

Reactions: dallardice

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Don't really know which thread this properly belongs in but I put the public beta on my 11 today and, man, the autocorrect is SO MUCH BETTER. Like, what magic did Apple suddenly invent here?
Same over here. I’ve seen some posts indicating things got worse for some but it’s been amazing on my end.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
I don't think this is beta related, but I really get annoyed when I'm playing a game with the silent mode on and everything is fine until one of the annoying ads comes up and overrides the setting on the silent switch.

EDIT: It's not all ads, only some of them. I'll try a make a list if anyone is interested.
This isn’t the thread for what you’re posting. This is for new features. As per the OP.

Probably more appropriate for you to have posted your post in the following thread:

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
So…did I totally miss this…or has an app never suggested I use live activities before?

I’ve been using them since last year, but only just today, United Airlines asked if I wanted to use it for my flight. And it’s the greatest thing ever to have that info including a countdown to my flight time on my phone all the time.

Again…I know live activities has existed for a long time, but this one is REALLY helpful.

In the dynamic island….

7a03f69a6349ff951352667a2962fb9f.jpg

And on the Lock Screen

1519d894725c461c076f5c9549c26f91.jpg

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
So…did I totally miss this…or has an app never suggested I use live activities before?

I’ve been using them since last year, but only just today, United Airlines asked if I wanted to use it for my flight. And it’s the greatest thing ever to have that info including a countdown to my flight time on my phone all the time.

Again…I know live activities has existed for a long time, but this one is REALLY helpful.

In the dynamic island….

7a03f69a6349ff951352667a2962fb9f.jpg

And on the Lock Screen

1519d894725c461c076f5c9549c26f91.jpg

If you like that, try the Flighty app. Told me how close I came to missing the flight I’m currently on. HINT: very close!

But yes it is very very helpful and I’m glad to see commercial developers starting to push the use of the DI.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
If you like that, try the Flighty app. Told me how close I came to missing the flight I’m currently on. HINT: very close!

But yes it is very very helpful and I’m glad to see commercial developers starting to push the use of the DI.
The one problem with it, is it doesn’t give me the gate number, for uk domestic flights! I subscribed for a month, as was travelling around the UK, 6 flights, and nada.

Reactions: adrianlondon

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Yeah…having it direct from United, countdown to boarding, delay was properly shown, gate number…and even when it was time to board, boarding process and my seat number.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
Yeah…having it direct from United, countdown to boarding, delay was properly shown, gate number…and even when it was time to board, boarding process and my seat number.
I think for some reason, UK domestic flights are blocked from showing gate number, but international isn’t, which sucks.

I get seat number, and times ok, it’s just gate number missing.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
The one problem with it, is it doesn’t give me the gate number, for uk domestic flights! I subscribed for a month, as was travelling around the UK, 6 flights, and nada.

That’s definitely a problem. That is not the case here in the US.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
The same feature works in different apps for "Undo an action". Never noticed it before
Yep, shake to undo can be pretty hit or miss, it's very hidden and can sometimes be triggered unintentionally, but I find it useful here.

Reactions: 17fox

Subliminal87

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2015
Does anyone know, is it possible to only raise the volume of text alerts? Or the actual phone ring tone but just text?

I really like some of the new text tones but I literally cannot hear them that well compared to the “classic” ones.

Like when dont have my phone on silent, if im like 5 ft away, it’s like “did I get a text?” But if I use the OG ones I had form people, I had no doubt when I got a text.

Reactions: srbNYC

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I guess I'm an odd duck - when I go to bed I want my phone to go completely dark. I wear my watch to bed and tap it if I need/want to see the time. Any other light in the bedroom is unwanted.
If you’re talking about Stand By mode, in dark room like bedroom when we’re sleeping the screen will turn red and hardly annoying.
There should be an option to have it always on. I don’t want to tap or do anything. I want to simply glance and see the time. IMG_2340.jpeg

Reactions: gank41

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
If you’re talking about Stand By mode, in dark room like bedroom when we’re sleeping the screen will turn red and hardly annoying.
There should be an option to have it always on. I don’t want to tap or do anything. I want to simply glance and see the time. View attachment 2263147

In “sleep” focus mode, it goes off and will come on of you tap/get close to the phone’s proximity sensor.

Any other mode activated should keep it on the whole night as long addition the charger.

13paul13

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2019
On iPadOS 17 the favourites bar in Safari (below the address field) now includes the site favicon. I like it. (There’s a toggle in Safari settings to turn this on/off.)

Aggedor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
I don't know if this is new, but my phone unlocked my watch this morning - I put my watch on after charging but didn't manually unlock it. I unlocked my phone to check something and it unlocked my watch. My watch is set to unlock my phone, but this is the first time it's gone the other way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.