Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2020
It is funny that Apple requires A12 chips for iOS 17's Live Voice mail, on-device dictation etc. where as Google managed to pull these features since Pixel 2.

The Live Voice mail is a direct copy of Google's call screen features, which use Google Assistance to screen phone calls, it also transcript voice call on time. Google also managed to enable voice transcript on its voice recording app since Pixel 2. All without the needs Neural Engine.

Google is miles ahead of AI and it shows.

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
It is funny that Apple requires A12 chips for iOS 17's Live Voice mail, on-device dictation etc. where as Google managed to pull these features since Pixel 2.

The Live Voice mail is a direct copy of Google's call screen features, which use Google Assistance to screen phone calls, it also transcript voice call on time. Google also managed to enable voice transcript on its voice recording app since Pixel 2. All without the needs Neural Engine.

Google is miles ahead of AI and it shows.
We all obviously know Google is the front runner in AI… what is the point of writing a whole post for this lol?

Reactions: canadianpj

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2020
...on servers. Apple leads in on-device ML.

Pixel call screening, off-line translation, voice recorder live transcript are all happen on device. No internet connection is required.

How does Google compare on privacy?

Apple's privacy is greatly exaggerated. There is no privacy when you connected to internet.

In this day and age, who doesn't use Google services? Gamil, Google Photo, YouTube, Google Workspaces etc.

I am full on Google ecosystem. I use Google Maps for navigation, Gmail for emails, Google Docs for drawn up quick documents, Google Photos to store my video and pictures online, Google Store for purchasing video and musics, Google Pixel 7 as daily driver (along with iPhone 11 Pro Max), YouTube for entertainment, Google Keep for takes notes etc. Google apps works cross platform on Windows, Android, iOS.

We all obviously know Google is the front runner in AI… what is the point of writing a whole post for this lol?

iPhone X and iPhone 8 should be included with iOS 17 updates. All these so called reasoning about neural engine is reason why iPhone X and iPhone 8 gets dropped is none sense.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: canadianpj

canadianpj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Seriously. Go use an Andriod forum somewhere. Personally, I don't care when, how etc Google did anything, I don't use them, I'm not knocking them but I don't use them so it's 100% irrelevant.

I use gmail, but that's the only service. I don't use photos, or anything else you listed, because why? I have those in Apple and there just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.