Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alimitchell87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2021
IMG_0449.jpeg
I have seen this in the Home app but have never seen it before? There seems to be the ability to talk through HomeKit cameras. I can’t get it to work unfortunately. I use eufy cameras and the ability to speak through the camera was only previously available through the eufy app.

LutzRFrank

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2011
Germany/Switzerland/France
View attachment 2230155 I have seen this in the Home app but have never seen it before? There seems to be the ability to talk through HomeKit cameras. I can’t get it to work unfortunately. I use eufy cameras and the ability to speak through the camera was only previously available through the eufy app.

IMG_2234.jpg

have had that talk already in 16. And it works. Eufy linked to HomeKit via the HomeKit-Setup on the Homebase

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
View attachment 2230155 I have seen this in the Home app but have never seen it before? There seems to be the ability to talk through HomeKit cameras. I can’t get it to work unfortunately. I use eufy cameras and the ability to speak through the camera was only previously available through the eufy app.

Depending on the Eufy camera model you cannot talk only listen. For example, the 2K pan & tilt models only support listening, not talking. This is via HomeKit obviously. Via the Eufy app two-way communication is supported. The reason you are seeing the talk option must be a bug in iOS, iPad and HomeKit 17. Please report it.

Reactions: LutzRFrank
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.