Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kenny99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
ST. Louis, Mo.
I too the plunge and updated. All of my Apple devices to IOS 17. all are working with NO problems. When I try to update my HomePods they are still on IOS 16 and say are up to date. Home hub is Apple TV and is running IOS 17 (21J5273q). Any suggestions on how to get them to update?

• Wow
Reactions: AL2TEACH

Kenny99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
ST. Louis, Mo.
Yes. All of my devices (M1 Mini, iPhone 14 Pro, iPad Pro, Apple TV 4K) updated with NO problems and I haven't had any problems running Apps and Programs. I am in the Public Beta program. the IOS 17 Developer became available and I updated to it.
The Question / Problem I have is my HomePods are not seeing the 17 Beta. The Apple TV is my primary Home Hub and I can't get the HomePods to update.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Are you not seeing the option to update at all? I grabbed my phone - home - went to my home settings -software updates - select HomePod - HomePod beta updates

Kenny99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
ST. Louis, Mo.
Yes the same as you (imlovinit) No option to update. It reads “This Home and all accessories are up to date”. (Version 16.6)
I have done all the usual things: rebooted, logged out of iCloud on all devices - rebooted - logged back in. Still NO option to update.
May just have to wait for the Public Beta of IOS 17.

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Are you a “Developer” or a Public Beta? I am a public Beta (Profile).
I installed the Developer Beta on everything (Mac, iPhone, iPad, AW Ultra, ATV4k).

I'm not a Dev, though I do have a Dev login (but my account is unpaid/expired).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.