Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

esaelias187

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2017
Maybe its me but im actually considering taking this to apple but before!

Issues:

1. Jerky overall doesnt feel as smooth
2. Gets warmer than usual
3. Keyboard jitters alot

Is thid symptons of ios 17 or is my
Phone faulty

I got a new iphone 11 so im thinking is it hardware?

esaelias187

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2017
I have reinstalled ios from scratch no back up i manually reinstalled everything

And also done a few hard resets

But still doesnt feel as smooth and gets warm at random times

I tried dfu but for some reason i cannot

Is it hardware you think?

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
I tried dfu but for some reason i cannot
DFU has changed for some reason with iOS 17.0.3. Now it keeps rebooting to the Apple logo unless it’s connected to the computer.

It sounds like you have run through a lot of good steps. I’d try the DFU restore with the phone plugged into the computer (if you haven’t).

bigfatipod

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
Installing ios17 on my iPhone 11 Pro was a mistake. Going forward, I won’t try to push hardware this old onto the latest release.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Interesting. We don't have any performance complaints against our A13-based devices (iPad 9 and iPhone SE2) apart from constant reloads due to lack of RAM.

We used to have an iPhone 11 but that stopped recognizing the SIM after it was out of warranty. It got replaced with an iPhone 13 last year (still needed the SIM card tray). I expect if the 11 didn't malfunction (or it had AC+), we would've been fine still using it until now.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Installing ios17 on my iPhone 11 Pro was a mistake. Going forward, I won’t try to push hardware this old onto the latest release.

My limited experience is that I’ve never seen any problems by taking an iPhone to its last supported version of iOS.
I suspect there might still be teething issues with iOS 17.

Also, for the OP, I wouldn’t try to draw any conclusion on a new version of iOS until it has been installed for at least a week. This will allow for things to settle down.

bigfatipod

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
Why what happened to yours?
Mine went from working quite well to much slower most of the time when opening photos, camera and safari (stuff I use the most often).
The sharing of AirTags is what enticed me.
My battery, at 73%, could be partially to blame but at this point I feel like replacing the battery is just a sunk cost vs getting a 15.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.