Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Anyone else having issues with the scheduled Sleep Focus not turning OFF at the end of the schedule in the mornings? This is a new issue for me since moving to a 15 Pro Max and on iOS 17.02.

It activates properly at the start of the schedule and is shared across all of my devices, but when the wake up alarm is dismissed in the morning, the Sleep Focus does not deactivate as it should and I have been forced to manually turn it off.

I have checked all the settings, even though it all should have migrated over on its own, and everything looks ok.

CircuitJumper

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
I am having the same issue. :-/ Also, Standby Mode doesn't stay on like it's supposed to when docked, in spite of the setting being turned on.

Reactions: jwns

interstella

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2013
Suffolk, England
I had the same problem with the driving focus. It would stay on all the time and the only way I could get round it was to make it so the focus was only activated by CarPlay. If I had it set to activate when connected to car Bluetooth it would stay connected all the time, even when the car was locked and I was well out of range of the car.

kadu

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
I have the exact same problem. After an update to iOS17 on 13 Pro Max it was working as intended. Now I’m on 15 Pro Max with 17.0.2 (moved using transfer from phone) and sleep mode does not turn off anymore. I tried to edit/remove the sleep schedule. I even deleted the sleep focus mode, disabled sleep tracking on Apple Watch and configured everything again. Still no luck…

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Late yesterday I did the following which seems (so far) to have resolved it: (All steps performed from the iPhone)
  1. DELETED the SLEEP Focus
  2. Restarted iPhone
  3. went into Health and made sure I had a Sleep Schedule defined there
  4. Created a new SLEEP Focus
  5. Added People & Apps that I wanted to be allowed to deliver notifications
  6. made sure the schedule transferred over from Health
  7. Foursome reason the Sleep Focus turned itself ON while I was setting it up, so I turned it OFF
  8. restart iPhone
Sleep Focus turned on & off the way it was supposed to according to the schedule last night. (I'll have to watch it for a few days to be confident I'm in the clear.)

Jwissick

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2016
I’m having the same problem. I’m talking to Apple tech-support trying to get this fixed. I followed instructions RSmith gave but it didn’t work

Jwissick

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2016
Late yesterday I did the following which seems (so far) to have resolved it: (All steps performed from the iPhone)
  2. Restarted iPhone
  7. Foursome reason the Sleep Focus turned itself ON while I was setting it up, so I turned it OFF
  8. restart iPhone
Sleep Focus turned on & off the way it was supposed to according to the schedule last night. (I'll have to watch it for a few days to be confident I'm in the clear.)
Is this still working for you?

andreagrandi

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2020
I'm having exactly the same problem. I also moved to a new iPhone 15 from an older iPhone. Could it be a bug related to transfer data, rather than iOS 17?

p.s: I haven't tried any workaround yet, I will update you if I manage to fix it.

Reactions: Jwissick

Jwissick

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2016
I'm having exactly the same problem. I also moved to a new iPhone 15 from an older iPhone. Could it be a bug related to transfer data, rather than iOS 17?

p.s: I haven't tried any workaround yet, I will update you if I manage to fix it.
Please be sure to contact Apple support and let them know that this is going on. This is definitely a problem that needs to get fixed. I didn’t get a few phone calls because of this.

Jwissick

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2016
I spoke to the folks at Apple support today and they confirmed that this is a known issue and it should be fixed in the next big update coming out in the next week or so.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
I had same problem. What worked for me this morning was I stopped the alarm on my watch and not the phone…

Has anyone figured out how to keep the sleep focus from dimming/blurring the LS?

Don’t see the option to turn it off like it was on ios16

Leemoknows

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2023
  2. Restarted iPhone
  8. restart iPhone
Thanks! This worked for me (iOS 17.02)

CyndyR

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2023
I regret buying iPhone 15plus
My focus is not automatically turning off either
I have done everything resets etc no change

andreagrandi

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2020
  2. Restarted iPhone
  8. restart iPhone
I tried all the above steps, it didn't solve the problem for me. This morning I turned off my alarm from my Watch and the iPhone was still in a weird state: it was like if the alarm hasn't been put off yet.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I tried all the above steps, it didn't solve the problem for me. This morning I turned off my alarm from my Watch and the iPhone was still in a weird state: it was like if the alarm hasn't been put off yet.
Mine still seems resolved and I have turned it off from both the watch and the phone.

andreagrandi

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2020
I noticed an additional bug in my case: it's not just the Bed mode which isn't being turned off!

When I click on STOP on my alarm, the alarm stops on my Apple Watch and I'm shown the "welcome / good morning" screen (the one with weather etc....) but when I pick my phone I still see the Alarm running, with a 10 minutes timeout.

This is exactly like if I had clicked SNOOZE instead of STOP. But I clearly clicked STOP, otherwise I wouldn't see the good morning screen on the Watch.

I think this lack of sync between my watch and iPhone is causing the Bed mode to remain ON.

Any other thing is perfectly syncing. Just this doesn't sync properly.

I won't report this to Apple, because if they tell me "Unpair your Watch and pair it from scratch" I may react in a very bad way 😏

andreagrandi

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2020
I have an update on my bug but I don't know if it's still related to the topic issue: when I mentioned that Alam on my Watch and on my iPhone are not in sync, I need to specify that this is only related to the going on/off from the Alarm. The "bed times" I set in the Health app are perfectly in sync and reflected on both Watch and iPhone, but other than this it's like if I had two different alarms. I didn't notice this because I keep my phone silent and even the vibration is off for the alarm (is this supposed to be? shouldn't at least the vibration be on?) but what happens is this: the alarm starts vibrating on my Watch and on my iPhone at the same time. If I turn it off on my Watch, it still keeps "ringing" (but again, only visibly) on my iPhone and I need to STOP it on the iPhone too.

bugboy2319

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2023
@andreagrandi , @CyndyR --- I was able to work around this issue by using the shortcuts app. This ensures that when the alarm associated with your sleep schedule is turned off, the sleep focus is also turned off automatically without you having to do anything.
IMG_C59CD87D3C18-1.jpeg
IMG_BD6241F68912-1.jpeg
IMG_A8504A968F06-1.jpeg

Cancelled
Jun 16, 2022
Having the same issue. Turns on correctly, but does not turn off in the morning. The Focus settings are synchronised with my MacBooks and the MacBooks turn off in the morning. I'm on iOS 17.1.1

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
how are you even able to set up your focus? I added some apps recently and wanted to add them to my focus, but the list of apps available is only native apps from my watch.
I tried creating a completely new focus, but same issue

jha

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2021
Anyone having an issue with apps adding themselves to the "allow notifications from" on different focus modes?

Snarfle

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2024
Honestly, I’m so disappointed in Apple these days. but I’m heavily invested in the entire icloud/App Store/watch-phone-laptop ecosystem that I hesitate to leave.

this is an issue for all iphone models I think. I’m on an iphone 11 still, and having identical issues to what youve described. Including turning off the alarm on my watch, and later finding my phone had the alarm still ringing all morning (Silently. And visually looked as if it was being snoozed).

the crazy thing - been happening exactly as all of you have described (it’s been different behavior at different points in time) and I was still on iOS 15.5 this whole time!

still happening on 17. but isn’t that weird? It’s def not exclusively an iOS 17 issue.

side note - been paying for Apple care+ for phone and watch from day one. theyre old now. Watch is series 5. But a week after receiving the watch, at the beginning of Covid lockdowns, it stopped working. Support sent me a replacement and I shipped mine back. Apparntly not using Applecare+, as it was covered by the standard warranty.

i tried to start my first Applecare+ claim last summer, to get the display replaced, as it was badly chipped and deeply scratched. They said I’m not covered. Been paying all along and have receipts. Turns out when they sent the replacement, two things happened 1) they didn’t transfer Apple care to the new device, so I’ve been paying for coverage on the serial number of the broken watch I returned to them. And 2) somehow when they sent the replacement, back in 2020, the serial they noted on their records is very close but different than the one they actually sent.

can you believe their response is that I simply am not covered?!!! What happened to Apple customer service? And this is clearly their error. The senior advisor even said it was likely some clerical mistake and with lockdowns just starting, everyone was out of sorts.

but I’ve paid the whole time and they just say too bad. That’s pathetic. It’s not my responsibility to ensure the serial is correct. I paid and they owe me what I paid for. F@&$ Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.