Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
I have my UDID registered and I'd like to upgrade to 4.0, but I'm not going to if Find My iPhone still isn't working with OS 4. Any word on this?

gazmac

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2007
London, UK
Has Apple officially said they are working to fix this? Findmyiphone finds my iPad and 3G iPhone but not the 3GS running iOS 4 GM - didn't work on beta 3 either for that matter, but it did on beta2. This was the killer app that led me to upgrade to the MobileMe family pack. What's up Apple?

cecemf

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2007
London, UK
I think there will be a mobileme update when iOS 4 is released.

I spoke to a Mobile Support Agent and Mobile me doesn't support iOS4 yet but there is a maintenance work planned for Friday 07am to 09am (London time) so I'm guessing it will be done by then.

jwr

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
Mine wasn't working today either so I did the following:

Went into Settings under Mail/Accounts and selected my MobileMe account and then deactivated Find My Phone. I exited Settings then went back in and turned it back on and I can now see my 3GS running iOS4 GM from the Find My iPhone app.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
Mine wasn't working today either so I did the following:

Went into Settings under Mail/Accounts and selected my MobileMe account and then deactivated Find My Phone. I exited Settings then went back in and turned it back on and I can now see my 3GS running iOS4 GM from the Find My iPhone app.

That didn't work for me, but restarting the phone did.

slavetonone

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2008
Find My iPhone still not working

I am having the same issue and it still does not work since the public release today. Is this working for anyone else?

blousie

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Mine hasn't worked since mobileme upgrade and uploading ios4 upgrade. has anyone found a solution? turning off and on in settings and switching off didn't do it for me.

slavetonone

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2008
Mine hasn't worked since mobileme upgrade and uploading ios4 upgrade. has anyone found a solution? turning off and on in settings and switching off didn't do it for me.

I finally got it to work by removing the Mobile Me email account completely, doing a hard reset of the iPhone and then setting up the Mobile Me email again enabling the Find My iPhone settings etc. I then turned the phone off and back on and everything started working. :)

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
find my iphone isn't working for me at the moment. I updated to the GM iOS4 for a few weeks and then downgraded back to my regular 3.1.3 on my 3Gs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.