Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Aren't Notes supposed to sync now with Mobile Me?
I'm on a PC but I want my Notes to sync with my iPhone, MM and my iPad.
If the prob is that the iPad doesn't have iOS4 yet, then that's OK for now, but I still want my iPhone to sync with MM and my Notes.
I did go into settings on my iPhone and enabled Notes to "On", but I don't see where anything regarding Notes is in Mobile Me!
Please help.
THanks

hotel.juliette

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2009
I saw briefly that the notes from my iPhone appearing in Mail (on my iMac) yesterday, but they're not there anymore. Did you find this too?

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
On MobleMe web it just has a folder called Notes now.

On Mail.app, Notes gained a drop down where it list On My Mac and MobileMe. I moved all my notes over to the MobileMe folder, deleted the On My Mac folder and bam, tested it and I'm syncing.

One annoying thing was all my notes were showing in my Inbox as well in Mail.app. I had to go into the MobileMe account settings to Behavior and turn off Show Notes in Inbox.

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
In mail.app - syst prefs / composing - there is a drop down to select "mobileme" OR "on my Mac" as a place to compose and create notes... Having said that, I just don't get Apple's implementation of notes... In iOS4 it is more of the same...

Why are notes in any way related to email? Notes should be a standalone app OR used with calendar... ANYTHING but mail. Why open mail to get to notes? I would love to use notes if I could figure out how to use Apple's way of using them in my life...

Am I missing something? does anybody use notes?

microcolt

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Behind You
In mail.app - syst prefs / composing - there is a drop down to select "mobileme" OR "on my Mac" as a place to compose and create notes... Having said that, I just don't get Apple's implementation of notes... In iOS4 it is more of the same...

Why are notes in any way related to email? Notes should be a standalone app OR used with calendar... ANYTHING but mail. Why open mail to get to notes? I would love to use notes if I could figure out how to use Apple's way of using them in my life...

Am I missing something? does anybody use notes?

I'm a huge note user, the reason Apple used the Mail system to implement notes was because it's quick and easy. IMAP allows you to edit/send/receive content from messages so for them that was the perfect solution. My guess is that in the near future Apple will create a standalone feature for notes just like iDisk, Gallery, and so on.

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
Does anyone know if it's possible to sync the notes with Yahoo's Notepad or some other web-based notes? I don't want to have to either use my iPhone or Mail.app on my Mac to view and edit my notes. I know there are some third-party apps and services that do this for a cost, but I'm hoping there is something free I can use. I have MobileMe, but they don't let me edit or create notes via the web interface.

macgrl

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
On MobleMe web it just has a folder called Notes now.

On Mail.app, Notes gained a drop down where it list On My Mac and MobileMe. I moved all my notes over to the MobileMe folder, deleted the On My Mac folder and bam, tested it and I'm syncing.

One annoying thing was all my notes were showing in my Inbox as well in Mail.app. I had to go into the MobileMe account settings to Behavior and turn off Show Notes in Inbox.

How did you go about getting to mm account settings > behavior? I would like to change that so that notes don't appear in inbox but cannot seem to find it .:)

JAQ

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2008
Purgatory MI
I have MobileMe, but they don't let me edit or create notes via the web interface.
I was really excited to hear that MobileMe was supposed to synch Notes now (at last!), but the fact that I still can't create or update them on me.com means I can only do that on the iPhone or in Mail on my Mac. Well that's how I had to do it before. The main difference now is that they synch between the two machines via "the cloud" instead of via iTunes, which is marginally more convenient, but not the kind of improved functionality I was hoping for. If I'm using any other machine and want to create or update a note... I'm still S-O-L.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Does anyone know if you can sync just notes on a computer? I have two Macs and an iPhone and am syncing the notes via MobileMe. I only have the MM email set up on my iMac and iPhone, but I want to have notes sync over the air to my MBP, as well, without having to see all my MM email in the Mail app.

How did you go about getting to mm account settings > behavior? I would like to change that so that notes don't appear in inbox but cannot seem to find it .:)

In Mail, open Preferences and go to the Accounts tab. Within Accounts, select your MM account and click on the Mailbox Behaviors tab, then uncheck "Show notes in Inbox"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.