Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DigitalJedi805

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Good day gentlefolks,

I'm working with an iPhone 4S 8G
Some 400 Megs of free space ( limited, but should be operational )
Absinthe Applied a year ago, no major problems until now

Here's my problem:

Some time last night I added a new contact ( perhaps relevant that I named it 'backup'... perhaps not... ), and before I could get out of the contact app, my phone went catatonic and opted to re-spring. Until this point in the evening, there hadn't been any problems with my phone, but I assumed 'Sure, just another re-spring... I've got a lot going on on this thing'.

After letting 'her' spin for a few minutes, I started pushing buttons, and eventually did a hard restart. It starts up fine, restores previous apps, I can get through my password screen. Blah.

At this point I figure all is well and I can use my phone again. Wrong. After some fifteen dedicated attempts to stop this loop, I've come to note a few things:

As soon as I grab a data connection ( this is how it seems, but I've also turned off all of my data, wifi, and put it in airplane... ), my free memory starts plummeting at a rate of about five megs a second, until it zeros out and again... TRIES to re-spring.

I'm feeling like this is about to be a rebuilt iPhone, but I wonder if anyone has any advice before I go and do that.

I'm more concerned with pulling my data than anything... How much space do I have on the cloud? Lol. FML.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
Very weird issue. And this started with just adding a contact? What tweaks do you have installed?

Also I should note, there is no 8 GB iPhone 4S. Just saying. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.