Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rscott505

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
I've seen this issue raised previously, but not fully answered, and now with iOS 5 being released, I wonder if people can answer this.

I am not going to be able to use iCloud since not all of our computers are compatible. We use MobileMe to sync our contacts and calendars. However, I'd like to upgrade to iOS 5, but don't want to do so if MobileMe stops working with iOS 5. Does anyone know if you can still use MobileMe on iOS 5. I know that MobileMe shuts down on June 30, 2012, but until then I'd like to keep using MobileMe as the sync option.

Thanks in advance.

jordanogrady

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
I've seen this issue raised previously, but not fully answered, and now with iOS 5 being released, I wonder if people can answer this.

I am not going to be able to use iCloud since not all of our computers are compatible. We use MobileMe to sync our contacts and calendars. However, I'd like to upgrade to iOS 5, but don't want to do so if MobileMe stops working with iOS 5. Does anyone know if you can still use MobileMe on iOS 5. I know that MobileMe shuts down on June 30, 2012, but until then I'd like to keep using MobileMe as the sync option.

Thanks in advance.

I can't see why it would stop working just yet? i'm just the same, updating tonight, we have 2 phones, 1 iPad and a mac book pro, all using mobile me (the same account) with shared calendars.. so something NEEDS to work, I really can't see apple stopping this service from working!

Jordan

cal6n

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2004
Gloucester, UK
I'm part-way through a restore and update of my iPhone 4.

There is a new option in iTunes under the summary tab for "backup". The options are "iCloud" and "this computer". I have "this computer" selected and, under the info tab, iTunes claims that I'm syncing with mobileme, just as I was on iOS 4.

So it looks like we're good until the mobileme switch-off at least.

Hopefully, Apple will have sorted out resume, restore and autosave by then and made them optional on a per app basis. If they haven't, then I'll be staying on Snow Leopard but I don't know what I'll do for a phone.

Android's crap, but at least it'll work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.