Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRDmanAE86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2015
New England
Lately, my iPod Touch has been a hassle. First, it kept signing me out of iMessage to the point where I had to continue authenticating. Now, its at the point where iMessage and Facetime kicked me out and, won't let me sign back in. I enter my Apple ID and password and, then it asks me for which email to use (my old one is greyed out) and then, after I click next, it says verifying, shows spinning wheel than kicks me back out back to the Enter ID screen where my Apple ID and Password are filled out correctly.

To add insult to injury, I can type my same Apple ID and Password on my Alienware in Firefox and, it lets me right in no problems asked. iCloud drive is not enabled thankfully but, it tells me if I update, my iPod will no longer be able to access iCloud. So, somehow, I concluded that its signed into iCloud, but not iMessage nor Facetime

This is real frustrating because, last year, I migrated to a Android for my phone and was unexpectedly forced to return my "vintage" iOS 7.1.2 iPad Air and thus, this this is my only (and most updated) apple device left. I use it to listen to music and, as a device to Facetime(somehow my iPod Touch is the only iOS 6 compatible model that still has a valid certificate to Facetime) and text people via iMessage. At this moment financially, it would have to be at least 6 months before I can afford a more modern device so, is anyone else experiencing this issue and do you have any tips to fix it?

TRDmanAE86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2015
New England
Update: for whatever reason, miraculously my problem fixed itself after 2 weeks. iMessage finally allowed me to resign in and, I did not even have to restore it:)!

Problem may have been caused by having too many texts because, when it let me sign back in, all of my texts disappeared and the only ones left were group messages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.