Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adam7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
Haarlem, NL
Good morning all,

Being a non-advanced user only, I need help with the following:

Apparently, the 6.1 has installed, but the restart progress now stalls at about 1/3 of the bar!

My iPhone 4 (T-mobile, Netherlands) is, and never was, jailbroken or tinkered with.
I have simply followed the prompt in the message received this morning, offering the software update.

I have tried resetting by pressing power and home button until restart, but the result is the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
pls could you advice how long did you wait on the status bar?

i've had some weird installation things happen to me and they all just fixed themselves in some time. my osx upgrade on my macbook once said i had 10 mins left for dloading to be complete. the time kept counting down and once it reached 0 mins, it went into -1 mins, -2 mins... went on till -45 mins n then just went back to 0 n worked.

on my iphone 4, the status bar stalled at about 90-95% of it for an hour! then it just worked fine.

Adam7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
Haarlem, NL
pls could you advice how long did you wait on the status bar?

i've had some weird installation things happen to me and they all just fixed themselves in some time. my osx upgrade on my macbook once said i had 10 mins left for dloading to be complete. the time kept counting down and once it reached 0 mins, it went into -1 mins, -2 mins... went on till -45 mins n then just went back to 0 n worked.

on my iphone 4, the status bar stalled at about 90-95% of it for an hour! then it just worked fine.

I didn't time exactly how long I waited.
Meanwhile, I've decided to perform a restore via iTunes.
Seems to work.

Thanks for your time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.