Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Looks like there are 3 new ones

Has anybody noticed that the default new blue background is slightly pixelated?
Compared to the beach and the grass images, the blue background is awful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 551

qwerty994

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
California
Could someone reset their app arrangement and take a pic of the first and second page please? I want to see where they shoved the YouTube app.

I would have really liked to see a new app arrangement. It just gets old after awhile.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Not sure if this has been said, but once you download a new app from the App Store, you get a cool little new badge at the top of it until you open it.

gage006

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
Could someone reset their app arrangement and take a pic of the first and second page please? I want to see where they shoved the YouTube app.

I would have really liked to see a new app arrangement. It just gets old after awhile.

You can rearrange your apps all you want. Hold down the icon until it wiggles. This has been the case since forever.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
All this and yet still cannot match what I can do jailbroken. Vote down if you want, but there's no denying it.

Is the mandatory search bar in the Calendar app for iPhone finally gone?

Last edited:

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Has anybody noticed that the default new blue background is slightly pixelated?
Compared to the beach and the grass images, the blue background is awful.

Yeah this wallpaper and the weird blue status bar in some apps were two things that I immediately disliked about iOS 6.

JoshJosh117

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
The UI inconsistency is really bugging me. You've got some really slick things like the new Music app, and you've got some really dated looking stuff like [see the 'choose wallpaper' ui at the top of this page], and then you've got everything in between.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
This beta is more stable than on any jailbreak I've done.

Yeah, I'll give you that.

The features make it worth it for me. iOS 7 will feature things like pictures in text message app and email app, and one touch notification menu to turn on/off things like airplane mode, wifi, cellular data, etc. stuff I've been doing for years. "Wow, great job Apple!"

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
I don't think Calendar has ever had a search bar.
http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/#facebook-contacts

From the list view, it still does and always has. I've always found it annoying as I've never used the feature in 4 years, but it takes up screen real-estate on a 3.5" display.

Like this: (not my pic btw)

Edit: what exactly is being voted down in this post? You like the mandatory and always visible search bar which you never use?

Attachments

• iphone-calendar-list-view.png
    iphone-calendar-list-view.png
    34 KB · Views: 4,983
Last edited:

JPM42

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Excellent screen captures, everyone. Thanks. A couple of questions:

1. Are we finally able to move contacts into groups?

2. For those who use iTunes Match, is the sorting issue finally fixed? For those, like me, who organize their albums chronologically, it wouldn't sort album titles that began with the word "the" or "a". So, take The Beatles. Most of their albums would sort perfectly, but then albums like "A Hard Days Night" or "The Beatles" (the White Album) would sort alphabetically. It's been a massive annoyance so it' be great if it were finally fixed.

Thanks!

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Can anyone please confirm if iMessage works using phone number only as the caller ID?

Does it sync perfectly to iPad and Mac?

When sending from iPad and Mac can you make it seem like it's coming from the phone number and not the email address?

Does this solve the issue of 2 conversation threads?

It's on the way, now when you turn on iMessage on your phone, the next time you use it on your ipad/mac you get a popup saying "(555) 555-5555 was added on another device would you like to add it here" and then the phone number pops up as well. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any way to do it on the iPad without the phone being updated but I would guess that's to stop people from spoofing the phone number.

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Has Apple finally included a 'Snooze for x minutes' option when a calendar event pops up on the phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.