Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scurry126

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I have a 4th Generation iPod Touch 32G, and just downloaded iOS 6 today and I've had a few problems. It won't let me download any apps. When I hit "Free" then hit the green "Install" button, it's replaced with a grey icon that says "K2DActionButton.buttonText.Waiting" and the app only says waiting and won't download.

IMG_0219_zps977cea81.png

Second, when I try to integrate my facebook, i sign into my facebook and it says "Verifying" but get's locked up and freezes the Settings app.

Has anybody found solutions to these problems? Thanks

Last edited:

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
That's weird, that's not the iOS 6 App Store redesign. Try quitting the App Store app through the multitasking tray and then restarting your device.

I don't trust Facebook, so I can't help you with your second problem.

scurry126

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
That's weird, that's not the iOS 6 App Store redesign. Try quitting the App Store app through the multitasking tray and then restarting your device.

I don't trust Facebook, so I can't help you with your second problem.

Thanks. I just restarted my device and it changed the App Store to the new design. That was really weird.

IMG_0220_zps71f883cf.png

rhino89

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
How is iOS 6 doing on the iPod touch? My iPod touch struggled with ios 5, so I'm hesitant to update for now. Any thoughts or comments about the change?

scurry126

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
How is iOS 6 doing on the iPod touch? My iPod touch struggled with ios 5, so I'm hesitant to update for now. Any thoughts or comments about the change?

Yeah, iOS 5 really slowed down my iPod. But actually iOS 6 really solved a lot of those lagging problems. Some up the apps take a few seconds to launch, but I felt that most of my apps weren't as laggy as iOS 5.

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Thanks. I just restarted my device and it changed the App Store to the new design. That was really weird.

Glad I could help. Though, the bottom Tab Bar doesn't seem to have updated. It does have the new skin but the wrong tabs. In iOS 6, the tabs go: Featured, Charts, Genius, Search, Updates. It's not really a big deal but just FWI. :)

scurry126

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Glad I could help. Though, the bottom Tab Bar doesn't seem to have updated. It does have the new skin but the wrong tabs. In iOS 6, the tabs go: Featured, Charts, Genius, Search, Updates. It's not really a big deal but just FWI. :)

Oh crap you're right. Now it's not connecting to the App Store when I hit those bottom tabs. I guess I'm going to have to wait for iOS 6.0.1 :/

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
I'm assuming you restored from a back-up. If so, this can simply be some cached data. It will clear eventually.

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Is there a way to do that without having to completely reset my iPod?

Did you update through OTF? It seems this bug is rare so if you make a back-up on iTunes, click "Restore", and then restore from your back-up you might be okay. That's the only thing I can think of that will work.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
I'm actually having this same issue as well. When I first downloaded iOS 6 I had the new App store, but now I've been reverted back to the old one, just with the new theme. Can't figure out how to fix it.

Every time I open iTunes it says "Cannot connect to iTunes store"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.