Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KTK1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
Has anyone experienced this yet?

I upgraded from Beta 5 to GM last night and this morning had real crappy battery. So, I reset all settings on my phone. It reset my wallpapers and a few Apple icons moved around.

But the problem I am having is the audio buttons aren't working right. Alarm went off fine, but keyboard clicks, lock sounds and camera shutter dont work. I tried restarting my phone and had the audio volumes all up, and mute off and on and it still doesnt work.

Last edited:

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I had some issues like this also but they eventually came back. I noticed when I went to the airplay icon, I saw 2 options for iPhone and my AppleTV was no longer listed. After about 5 minutes it started working and then my AppleTV was there. Do you have an Apple TV on your wifi when this happens?

KTK1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
I dont have an apple Tv. Text tones don't go through.

The sound settings, everything is on, audio moves with buttons, set to about 4 notches, keyboard clicks and lock sounds are off.

An alarm sound works fine, music works fine and doesnt show airplay, when i go to sound settings to preview the sounds they work fine.

Just when I get a text, take a pic, try lock sounds/keyboard clicks, so far only those are not working.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I dont have an apple Tv. Text tones don't go through.

The sound settings, everything is on, audio moves with buttons, set to about 4 notches, keyboard clicks and lock sounds are off.

An alarm sound works fine, music works fine and doesnt show airplay, when i go to sound settings to preview the sounds they work fine.

Just when I get a text, take a pic, try lock sounds/keyboard clicks, so far only those are not working.

When I noticed this was happening, I would go into settings and sounds and change the ringer volume which would play every time and then my sounds would start working. I did have this happen on the GM too last night.

KTK1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
When I noticed this was happening, I would go into settings and sounds and change the ringer volume which would play every time and then my sounds would start working. I did have this happen on the GM too last night.

Thanks,

I tried it and it worked. The ringtone would play and then text tones wouldnt, then a second try later everything fully works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.