Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Do you think the JB community will figure out a way to bring the Google Maps app back to iOS6?

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
i sure as hell hope so!!! with all the apple map reviews i'm reading, i begin to think id better NOT make the upgrade this evening... =/

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
i sure as hell hope so!!! with all the apple map reviews i'm reading, i begin to think id better NOT make the upgrade this evening... =/

Don't upgrade, I'm downgrading back to 5.1.1 to get my Google Maps back along with my JB. The changes in 6.0 just aren't great enough for me to stay on it.

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
At the end of the day I don't think it will be *too* hard. It's just an apk at the end of the day. Now, system integration of the old app, on the other hand....that could be interesting. I'm more waiting to see if they're able to pull some of the new features down to the iPhone 4. I think that's more of a mystery and a challenge at this point.

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
Google has submitted a map app to apple for approval...I assume it will go through if apple has allowed chrome

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
I wouldn't hold my breath for that. The only thing more humiliating for Apple than approving a Gmaps app would be to publicly admit that their own, much-touted solution is not up to the job. I don't think they're classy enough to do either so I reckon this will be left up to the JB communicty to sort out.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
That official google YouTube app sucks in my opinion, not having a volume slider just bugs me

THe google voice app is horrible too

The only google app i like is google translate , is ok

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
That official google YouTube app sucks in my opinion, not having a volume slider just bugs me

THe google voice app is horrible too

The only google app i like is google translate , is ok

Chrome works great, and the gmail is pretty good though I wish it worked with lockinfo like the mail app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.