Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
I have updated my ipod to iOS 6 and I have noticed that many of my apps keeps crashing. This is so frustrating and very disappointing especially when it comes from one of the biggest companies in the world. Also maps are a big disappointment. Thankfully I have only updated my ipod (4th gen) (siri not available). I will not do it for my iPad 3 and i think very seriously of not buying the iphone 5. I will wait for an update.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
I have updated my ipod to iOS 6 and I have noticed that many of my apps keeps crashing. This is so frustrating and very disappointing especially when it comes from one of the biggest companies in the world. Also maps are a big disappointment. Thankfully I have only updated my ipod (4th gen) (siri not available). I will not do it for my iPad 3 and i think very seriously of not buying the iphone 5. I will wait for an update.

It's so annoying too that Apple is the only company in the world that makes smartphones and tablets.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Restore your iPhone and don't restore from a backup; start a new phone.

Would be nice if people actually read threads before posting. This is about the iPod Touch. I am having the same issue and have performed a restore with no luck. It is an iOS 6 problem, not a hardware problem as my device is new and was working fine on iOS 5.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
Would be nice if people actually read threads before posting. This is about the iPod Touch. I am having the same issue and have performed a restore with no luck. It is an iOS 6 problem, not a hardware problem as my device is new and was working fine on iOS 5.

Oops, didn't catch that bit. But the process still stands - restore and set up as a new iPod.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
Only thing I'm having problems with is the App store crashing and low RAM. Other then that my battery is ok. Here's my usage (It turned off btw)

Usage: 8 hours 6 minutes
Standby: 1 day 12 hours

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.