Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmarch

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2012
Carlos - Problem Solved.

Carlos, I am having the same issue. Did you fix it ?

Carlos, I use an ADSL connection (PPPoE) and I reduced my MTU configuration from 1492 to 1400. It solved the problem. Somehow, it seems that iOS6 added something that is making the router to have problems to send the message over the network. Reducing the MTU size solved the problem. Now I will test which is the maximum value acceptable to make it still working.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I haven't read through this entire thread but before I started another thread, I decided to d a search first. Any solution to the problem here? My wifi connection is so sporadic here since upgrading I almost always leave LTE on at all times because wifi almost never works anymore. Any suggestions?

fbiele

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
New Name for my iPhone 5: BRICK(WiFi)

This is upsetting. Iphone 5 (32Gig) not connecting to Internet now....WAS working fine (for the few times I remember it connecting)...now nothing. Sometimes it connects, sometimes not, sometimes the dial spins. Once it connects=NOTHING.

Come on guys. This is EASY stuff here. A phone that cannot connect to WiFi? Data plans that are not unlimited.

This is why I am upset. Along with, according to the other posts, thousands of other people. Is there a software fix coming or is this all being covered up in an attempt to get people to go over their new limited data plans????

Also-cannot update via iCloud because Verizon prohibits syncing over the air.

Summary:
Network Reset does not work, Hard Reset does not work.

I still need to try setting proxy setting for specific router to Auto...

If that fails I will switch my wireless router setting from WPA2 and Auto, or AES to TKIP. Suggestions to change to WEP are LESS secure. Then, I will no longer be able to connect to other 'properly (secure) configured wireless routers'. Just call my phone a brick, add a name to it that says as much!

VivaTerlingua

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
This is upsetting. Iphone 5 (32Gig) not connecting to Internet now....WAS working fine (for the few times I remember it connecting)...now nothing. Sometimes it connects, sometimes not, sometimes the dial spins. Once it connects=NOTHING.

Come on guys. This is EASY stuff here. A phone that cannot connect to WiFi? Data plans that are not unlimited.

This is why I am upset. Along with, according to the other posts, thousands of other people. Is there a software fix coming or is this all being covered up in an attempt to get people to go over their new limited data plans????

Also-cannot update via iCloud because Verizon prohibits syncing over the air.

Summary:
Network Reset does not work, Hard Reset does not work.

I still need to try setting proxy setting for specific router to Auto...

If that fails I will switch my wireless router setting from WPA2 and Auto, or AES to TKIP. Suggestions to change to WEP are LESS secure. Then, I will no longer be able to connect to other 'properly (secure) configured wireless routers'. Just call my phone a brick, add a name to it that says as much!

It would be nice if Apple would just say, "We have a problem and we will fix it with iOS 6.01 shortly." Instead, I have to decide whether to keep my iPhone 5 or return it, because I don't know if the problem will be fixed.

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
USA
Having the same problem here on my Sprint iPhone 4S 16 gb. Ever since my upgrade to iOS 6 I can't reliably connect to any wifi hotspot. This in includes my linksys e3000 at home and a buffalo router at work. All work fine with my iPad on wifi and the problems started post iOS 6 update. Please post here if you have any suggestions.

Jhchayward

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
I am experiencing the same issue on iPod touch. I use a set of 32 devices at work: iOS 6 has rendered them all useless as I now have no way to connect them to the Internet.

I have tried all of the settings fixes mentioned in this thread (auto join, toggle airplane mode, reset network settings etc) and none have worked.

When I try to connect to wifi, a blank hotspot login screen appears and I get an error message saying the network connection has been lost.

Definitely NOT resolved!

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
I am experiencing the same issue on iPod touch. I use a set of 32 devices at work: iOS 6 has rendered them all useless as I now have no way to connect them to the Internet.

I have tried all of the settings fixes mentioned in this thread (auto join, toggle airplane mode, reset network settings etc) and none have worked.

When I try to connect to wifi, a blank hotspot login screen appears and I get an error message saying the network connection has been lost.

Definitely NOT resolved!

Is this with 6.0.1?

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
It would be nice if Apple would just say, "We have a problem and we will fix it with iOS 6.01 shortly." Instead, I have to decide whether to keep my iPhone 5 or return it, because I don't know if the problem will be fixed.

This is the most frustrating thing with apple. They never say anything. It really has an air of arrogance. It's very annoying.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Carlos, I use an ADSL connection (PPPoE) and I reduced my MTU configuration from 1492 to 1400. It solved the problem. Somehow, it seems that iOS6 added something that is making the router to have problems to send the message over the network. Reducing the MTU size solved the problem. Now I will test which is the maximum value acceptable to make it still working.

Awesome but my modem won't let me change de MTU, I will request a change with my Internet provider and then manually change the MTU. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you!

skywalkerjedi95

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2012
Earth
I hate to revive a thread that has already been put to rest but is anyone having this problem on iOS 6.1? I have an 4th Gen iPod touch that stayed connected to wifi just fine on iOS 6.0.1 but with the 6.1 update it simply won't stay connected to wifi. Meanwhile I have an iPad 2 that doesn't give any wifi troubles even though its on 6.1.

jackohare

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
I hate to revive a thread that has already been put to rest but is anyone having this problem on iOS 6.1? I have an 4th Gen iPod touch that stayed connected to wifi just fine on iOS 6.0.1 but with the 6.1 update it simply won't stay connected to wifi. Meanwhile I have an iPad 2 that doesn't give any wifi troubles even though its on 6.1.

my iphone 4s was running ios 6.0.1 and my wifi would periodically disconnect/reconnect. i wouldnt notice it most of the time and forgot about it. i went on vacation for a few days and when i got back it could hardly connect at all. i tried things like network reset/hard reset etc sometimes the result was a greyed out wifi button sometimes it wouldnt work at all. i upgraded to 6.2.1 and it is worse! i dont know what to do, but it is driving me crazy. i cant even download apps because the wifi wont stay connected long enough to download them

Raysofhope

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
I have the same problems with 6.1.2, my wifi is greyed out, have reset all definitions, my router and still the same. Till when?
What solutions do we have?

jackohare

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
i actually jailbroke my iphone 4s running on 6.2.1 and that reduced the frequency of wifi disconnecting by alot. it still will disconnect but only for a few minutes every few hours. still frustrating but better than before. apple needs to do something about this. i used evasi0n to jailbreak by the way. it was a pretty painless process

Kurios2

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
I have the same problems with 6.1.2, my wifi is greyed out, have reset all definitions, my router and still the same. Till when?
What solutions do we have?

When I went from 5 to version 6, I started to lose wifi. Maybe this clue, or whatever you want to call it, only disconnects when my phone starts getting warm. Many times at night I'll play one of the Angry Birds and the phone warms up quickly, especially if there's another app opened.

The disconnect starts, so I go back and forth hooking up, but it keeps dropping wifi until l just close the app down. Otherwise, I never lose wifi at all. Is anyone experiencing the same when the phone heats up?

border terrier

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2013
England
Noticing some issues with safari not opening odd pages since 6.1.2. Only turning wifi off then back on fixes this so I am guessing I have a wifi connectivity issue that I didn't have before. As I only have a wifi ipad I can't see if things work ok with 3G. My iPhone 4S is not having the same issue though.

Raysofhope

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Went to the store where I bought the iPhone and left it for a repair, they will send it to an apple center. This means 2 weeks without my iPhone and I blame Apple for this!

Raysofhope

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Just went back to the store and they gave me a new iPhone. They couldn't fix the wifi issue of mine.
As per the serial number, this one was produced last December, so I think it might be a new one and not refurbished

DatAppleKid

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2015
Well, it's 2015 now, and my iPod Touch 4th gen has ios 6.1.6. I'm am frustratingly having the problem that when I try to join my WiFi network, an apple login page pops up in safari with some HTML tags. This is really frustrating. Does anyone else have a solution? Is anyone else suffering the same issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.