Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stefanmz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2017
Hey! I was just womdering is there any way to install iOS 6 right now on an iOS device? Is there an emulator with which I can run iOS 6 and iOS 10 at the same time? Or if not is there any way to install iOS 6 on a supported device? I know it sounds impossible but if there is any way I would like to know so I can try it.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
iOS 6 is no longer being signed by Apple, so you can't even reinstall on a device which originally supported it.

Stefanmz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2017
What if I used something like beehind? I see that this can be used on 32 bit devices and I have a ipod touch 5g lying around.

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
iOS 6 is no longer being signed by Apple, so you can't even reinstall on a device which originally supported it.
Not entirely true, 6.1.3 is still signed for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. The only reason is so that they can update to iOS 9 OTA. You can fully downgrade a Jailbroken 4S or iPad 2 to iOS 6 with no issues.

If you have a jailbroken iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPad 3, or iPad 4, there is a new jailbreak tweak called Coolbooter, that allows you to dual boot your device with iOS 6.

Reactions: keysofanxiety

MagicHAM

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
I tried that on my old iPhone 4 jailbreak that coolbooter worked like a charm, but am re-jailbreaking the iphone though so i can at least ensure that ios6 via dual boot has decent space for me to put some stuff on there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.