Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Heres my story for the last few weeks

- Battery is fine on 7.0.4

- I jailbreak and battery is fine still

- I restore back to factory 7.0.4 and have battery problems.

- I do a DFU restore and still have battery problems.

- I do another DFU restore battery problems go away

- I jailbreak the phone again and battery is fine.

I don't think anyone knows what the hell is causing these battery problems. I'm still baffled why a 2nd DFU restore fixed my problem.

I'd assume usage patterns and cellular reception is more of a culprit then software with those results.

You would need samples from a month or so of each to base a cause solely one thing.

It's like battery break in. While there is some validity to that it generally cause by the honeymoon period wearing off a new device and the owner not using it as much.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Heres my story for the last few weeks

- Battery is fine on 7.0.4
- I jailbreak and battery is fine still
- I restore back to factory 7.0.4 and have battery problems.
- I do a DFU restore and still have battery problems.
- I do another DFU restore battery problems go away
- I jailbreak the phone again and battery is fine.

I don't think anyone knows what the hell is causing these battery problems. I'm still baffled why a 2nd DFU restore fixed my problem.
Some sort of (random) :apple: pixie dust? ;)

bglen

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2014
Not only battery drain; I refuse to call my iPhone 4S with ios7 a mobile phone because it constantly is tethered to its charger but new to ios7 incl it's updates, it now turns itself off as if empty when anywhere from 3 to 17% charge and won't come on without a recharge. It's particularly the unpredictability of it that makes it so annoying . It has to be a bug doesn't it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.