Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adminaaah

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Hi,

I updated to iOS 7.1 and my battery is going down like crazy. I’ve disabled all my location services and background app refresh. Also I have push email off. My battery has been checked & is in perfect condition but my battery still drains. I’ve also DFU clean restored without using iCloud. :( Please help me out here and suggest what to do.

Thanks!

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Turn everything back on. Restore your Phone as NEW and watch your problems go away. (Yes, I'm 100% serious)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Turn everything back on. Restore your Phone as NEW and watch your problems go away. (Yes, I'm 100% serious)
I guess perhaps along with "turn off the battery percentage, or don't enable it in the first place".

adminaaah

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
I've already tried restoring it many times as new and DFU. However it still drains the same way. When you say turn everything on... do I have to do that then restore to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
Before you do a full restore, try a hard reset ... push/hold power and home button until the apple shows up (ignore everything else). Let go. Often this will fix weirdness.

However, I'd guess you have some app running in the background - like a weather app with continual updates or a news app. Check your settings and see what apps have "push" enabled (Notifications and/or iCloud settings). Be wary about allowing "push", which means an app can operate continually in the background and send you messages at will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.