Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asharpgclef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Since I updated to iOS 7.1 I have not been able to get my iPhone 5S to connect to my car's Bluetooth every time. If I turn off Bluetooth and forget the device and reset everything, it works, but only for that time. When I turn the car off and go back to it, it doesn't work again. Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone know how to fix it?

Btw, I drive a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Since I updated to iOS 7.1 I have not been able to get my iPhone 5S to connect to my car's Bluetooth every time. If I turn off Bluetooth and forget the device and reset everything, it works, but only for that time. When I turn the car off and go back to it, it doesn't work again. Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone know how to fix it?

I've had endless troubles with automotive built in Bluetooth all solved with the BTC450. I even hacked one into my cars wiring system so it's invisible, and unlike any other Bluetooth *anything* I've ever used, it actually does "just work."

Jovib

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2014
Bluetooth issues

I own a veloster and am having trouble with my iPhone 5s and the blue tooth also. After upgrading to 7.1 it will not work in my car. I'm actually at the Hyundai dealership right now having it looked at. I showed the service guy all that it was doing and they are running diagnostics on it now. They are talking a whole unit replacement.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida

Me to, but my work around was to Unpaire my phone from the car's bluetooth set up, and pair it again. Now it works just fine

asharpgclef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
I own a veloster and am having trouble with my iPhone 5s and the blue tooth also. After upgrading to 7.1 it will not work in my car. I'm actually at the Hyundai dealership right now having it looked at. I showed the service guy all that it was doing and they are running diagnostics on it now. They are talking a whole unit replacement.

I do NOT want to have to do a whole replacement of my infotainment system...it works fine otherwise. I'm going to try to unpair and re-pair my phone later today with a restart of my phone after the re-pair and see if that helps as I've seen that as a solution in a few places online. Jovib, let us know what the outcome is at the dealer

Jovib

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2014
We'll the diagnostics showed its a problem with iOS 7.1. They tried all kinds of phones and they all worked. I came home restored my iPhone back to the factory's settings. Bluetooth works if I push the phone button and dial a number from the cars key pad. I have not downloaded my contacts yet. That seems to be where the problem comes in for me.. Once I download the contacts it stops working. We have paired and unpaired my phone so many times and it has not worked. What happens when I go to call from my contacts is it acts like it's going to connect and nothing happens. The call doesn't even show on my phones screen. I try to dial from my phone and choose veloster hands free and it doesn't connect. Sometimes it just jumps right back to music without even trying to connect. If it doesn't clear up they are going to replace the whole unit even though it's a compatibility issue with the iPhone 5s and iOS 7.1. They told me that Hyundai has to pay apple for fixes and then apple updates and fixes the issue. I don't know about that but my old iPhone worked fine until I did the upgrade also

asharpgclef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Thanks Jovib. I'm going to contact Apple Support tonight or tomorrow depending on when I get some time to do it and I'll hopefully get an answer from them. If anything I want them to know that it's an issue and maybe they can find a way to fix it...otherwise, I'll just have to live without my phone while I'm driving until 7.1.x, 7.2, or 8.0. I just hope they fix it eventually...

/macuser

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2013
It's a Hyundai that's why.

Works fine with my Ford. I even get text messages read to me.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
BTC450 solves all built in Bluetooth problems for $40. Blows away every other factory automotive Bluetooth system. I put one on both of my cars and all headaches suddenly vanished.

Last edited:

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Just got my new car, a 2010 Vauxhall Insignia, and my iPhone 5 connects no issues to the bluetooth in the car for phone calls. Pulls through contacts and call lists as well but i cant do anything with text messages. I suspect i could use it for music as well but there is a USB socket in the car that means it charges whilst being able to stream music through the cable so i use that instead.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Just got my new car, a 2010 Vauxhall Insignia, and my iPhone 5 connects no issues to the bluetooth in the car for phone calls. Pulls through contacts and call lists as well but i cant do anything with text messages. I suspect i could use it for music as well but there is a USB socket in the car that means it charges whilst being able to stream music through the cable so i use that instead.

Vauxhall is still in business?!? That's great! I thought all the great English manufacturers were gone (or sold off).

I wish I could get one in the States.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
For me, you need to have bluetooth on before you start the car for it to auto-connect. I found that I turn the car on first and then turn on bluetooth, I have to go into settings and manual pair/connect. Don't know why this happens.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Vauxhall is still in business?!? That's great! I thought all the great English manufacturers were gone (or sold off).

I wish I could get one in the States.
All part of GM so technically you can...my Vauxhall Insignia is just sold rebadged as a Buick Regal in the states!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.