Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Friedrich89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
Hey guys,

i'm struggling all day to install the IOS 7 2. Beta, if i set my IPhone 5 up as a new device it's fine until I restore my backup.
I just see the apple logo with the loading screen and after 3 mm of progress it's stuck.

The 1. beta works with my backup, therefore I guess it's not a problem with my backup.

I tried to install the 2. beta OTA and vía iTunes and always get the same Problem.

I hope you guys can help me, I'm at my wit's end.

SkiZoSnaKe

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
I have exactly the same problem:

iTunes:
iOS 6.1.4 -> iOS 7 Beta 1 = OK
Import local backup = OK

iOS 7 Beta 1 -> iOS 7 Beta 2 = OK
Import local backup = KO

OTA:
iOS 7 Beta 1 (After import local backup) -> iOS 7 Beta 2 = KO

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
And here's the fix;

1) Get iOS 7 beta 1 up and running with backup restored and stuff.
2) Choose to reset all settings. (Settings > General > Reset) No need to reset content and settings, just the settings.
3) OTA update to beta 2 or shift+update in iTunes

All is well in the land of beta.

Friedrich89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
I've found a solution, also in this Forum.

First update to the 1. beta, then deactivate find my iPhone and reset all settings, then do the OTA update to the 2. beta.

It works on my phone, you just loose all WiFi passwords and a few settings, it took me 5 min. to restore them after updating to the 2. beta :)

Bobajobbob

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2005
You can update directly to beta 2 from 6.1.4 if you first disable find my iPhone and reset all settings first. No need to go to beta1 first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.