Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Konner

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
What do I do here? I traded my galaxy s III for the iPhone 4S because iOS 7 is beautiful as hell. But all of a sudden i dont have notification sounds or lock screen sounds. siri works fine, ringing works fine. but NONE of the notification sounds or lock sound will work. I'm so confused. Anyone else having the same problem?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Do you have sounds turned on for different notifications in the settings for those notifications?

As for lock sounds, assuming you have them enabled in settings, is it both lock and unlock, or just unlock? Unlock sound seems to have been removed recently, while lock is still there.

Aside from that you can try restarting the phone to see if that might make a difference (if you haven't tried that already). Or, if none of that works, try resetting your settings to see of that might do the trick.

Konner

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
Do you have sounds turned on for different notifications in the settings for those notifications?

As for lock sounds, assuming you have them enabled in settings, is it both lock and unlock, or just unlock? Unlock sound seems to have been removed recently, while lock is still there.

Aside from that you can try restarting the phone to see if that might make a difference (if you haven't tried that already). Or, if none of that works, try resetting your settings to see of that might do the trick.

I'm resetting all content and settings hopefully that'll fix it. I even restored the IPSW and still had problems

EDIT: Still no notification sounds, nor keyboard sounds, NOR lock sounds (not unlock) but ringing, and siri works

EDIT: set it up as a new phone, still problems.

EDIT LAST TIME: Changed the dynamic wallpapers to stills and it started working. Okay apple im glad I'm just test driving an iPhone 4S and getting a nexus 5. atleast Android never gave me weird stupid problems like this.

Last edited:

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
Did you accidentally turn on Do Not Disturb mode with control center? ...I've done this, I'll be scrolling up and accidentally bring up control center, hit buttons before getting it back down.

Konner

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
Did you accidentally turn on Do Not Disturb mode with control center? ...I've done this, I'll be scrolling up and accidentally bring up control center, hit buttons before getting it back down.

I haven't. And it's actually happening again. No notification sounds.

Konner

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
Zerory6.png

Heres a bump to show what its doing when i press the volume rocker buttons. It act like its not giving any sound, but my ringtone and game sounds work fine.

EDIT: I unplugged the phone and sounds working now..

Last edited:

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
Heres a bump to show what its doing when i press the volume rocker buttons. It act like its not giving any sound, but my ringtone and game sounds work fine.

Settings; Sounds; "Change with Buttons" - turn that off.

You're welcome ;)

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
hmmm, is your cable third party, or apple/3rd party getting old, maybe it's something with your cable?

I know when I have bluetooth on in a car, or have it plugged in via USB, it takes over the audio....

Konner

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
hmmm, is your cable third party, or apple/3rd party getting old, maybe it's something with your cable?

I know when I have bluetooth on in a car, or have it plugged in via USB, it takes over the audio....

It's a apple cable, and I have a apple wallplug. I traded over craigslist so I don't know how old it is, but he said perfect condition and it is not in perfect condition. I'm most likely going to jump to sprint and stop mooching off my parent's AT&T account, if I get my job tomorrow and preorder the iPhone 5C in blue.But even if I don't when I get my credit card I'm getting one.

guyemtp

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
Same problem

My problem is very similar. I've gone thru all of the steps that have been posted. An additional symptom: If I add my cell number, the sounds turn off. If I remove my cell number (from iMessage & FaceTime) the sounds are back.

All I can say is HELP please.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.