Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Disappointed they didn't do a demo of the new OS using the ipad, just to get a feel of how it looks and feels with the extra real estate. I'd of hoped they have made use of the extra space to make multi-tasking a lot easier, switching between safari tabs etc,

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Disappointed they didn't do a demo of the new OS using the ipad, just to get a feel of how it looks and feels with the extra real estate. I'd of hoped they have made use of the extra space to make multi-tasking a lot easier, switching between safari tabs etc,

Well, considering Beta 1 for iPad isn't ready yet, it's safe to say they most likely didn't have a demo for the iPad ready in time.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
If you remember ios5 notification centre covered the entire screen of the iphone but was almost just ported from the iphone onto the ipad, rather than being optimised for the screen space, hopefully the same won't happen.

Oh yeah, and the weather/stocks widgets weren't even an option which was annoying...

peterjames.org

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2009
Portland, OR, USA
According to this image:

compatibilityfooter_ipad.jpg

no Passbook for iOS7 for iPad either. Let's hope this is rectified before public release for us iPad Mini users who don't want an iPhone.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I want to see them bring the iPad closer to a laptop, sort of like the VivoTab Smart. For that to happen they have to have for instance proper window management in order to have real multitasking. I hope they're working on it and that's why it's not out yet...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.