Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
Very good effort and I applaud you for being original, but I think it looks pretty poor. It adds more unnecessary scrolling, looks cluttered and is generally unattractive. Don't take it personally, I just don't think it looks aesthetically pleasing.

hazuki

macrumors regular
May 17, 2013
Bali
i wish the ability to show the lyrics will not be removed on iOS7 :(
its nice to read the lyrics while listening to the music

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London
The now playing screen is more likely to become flatter (deForstalled and Ive-ified), not more reflective. Taking cues from the updated iTunes mini-player, I would expect something like this:

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
The now playing screen is more likely to become flatter (deForstalled and Ive-ified), not more reflective.

Personally, I don't think iOS will be completely flat. I think Apple will go with a subtle gradients approach (by "I think", I mean: I hope). Anyhow, here's my concept:

scx1l3.jpg

• Swipe right or left on the album artwork to go to the previous or next song, respectably.
• Just as you can now, you can scrub a song by moving the progress slider. However, now, if you tap the handle thing it'll play/pause the song (you can also pause the song by tapping the album artwork).
• The color of the progress bar is dynamic and would be based on the album artwork.
• Apple's NextUp feature: You can rearrange songs (second screenshot), add songs, delete songs, and view previously played songs.
• Since pretty much all recent iOS devices have dedicated volume buttons, I chose to hide the volume slider. No worries though, a simple tap on the speaker icon will pop it up.
• I suppose a double tap on the album artwork could bring up the songs of any individual album.

:)

Last edited:

blitzer09x87

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
better than the current music app but i wont say it's extraordinary. i hope apple comes out with a great app.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
The now playing screen is more likely to become flatter (deForstalled and Ive-ified), not more reflective. Taking cues from the updated iTunes mini-player, I would expect something like this:

[url=http://s2.postimg.org/3keikj2dl/Music.png]Image[/URL]
I think this is pretty much spot on if they redesign the now playing screen.

Personally, I don't think iOS will be completely flat. I think Apple will go with a subtle gradients approach (by "I think", I mean: I hope). Anyhow, here's my concept:

scx1l3.jpg

• Swipe right or left on the album artwork to go to the previous or next song, respectably.
• Just as you can now, you can scrub a song by moving the progress slider. However, now, if you tap the handle thing it'll play/pause the song (you can also pause the song by tapping the album artwork).
• The color of the progress bar is dynamic and would be based on the album artwork.
• Apple's NextUp feature: You can rearrange songs (second screenshot), add songs, delete songs, and view previously played songs.
• Since pretty much all recent iOS devices have dedicated volume buttons, I chose to hide the volume slider. No worries though, a simple tap on the speaker icon will pop it up.
• I suppose a double tap on the album artwork could bring up the songs of any individual album.

I like this, but I don't think Apple would go with something like this. But cool design nonetheless.

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009

scx1l3.jpg

There are some things in this design that I could DEF see in an actual apple application. Love the dynamic color changing status bar. That seems to go in line with the iTunes 11 color changing background to match album artwork. I think that would look VERY slick on an iPhone!

Nice job!

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010

Wow there have been some great ideas in this thread but this is truely one of them. Probably the most unique and inventive! Love it!
And with Apple's reports of Ive making iOS 7 'black and white with flat all over' such an idea may just happen ;) Love it! :)

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Hey all, in my spare time thought i'd make a concept for what I think would make a cool iOS 7 music player app. Made it in Keynote, not something I've really done before but I think it turned out okay overall. It's quite short (ran out of time) but tell me what you think! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsGUirgG2vQ

An interface much like iTunes 11 on the mac and similar to the iPad interface.

No horrible black bars, with gesture controls such as downwards swipe to see the music in an album, giving you the functionality of previous OS'es.

Alexandra Burke AND Amerie? Holy hell, GREAT taste in music!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.