Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lotus8

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Hey all. I'm surprised that I haven't seen much posted about this before, but I swear that the status bar stays on top for almost 99% of open apps, and was usually hidden on ios 6 and the app was full screen. Specially when apps got updated with new dimensions for iPhone 5.

Is this the case for everyone else in ios7 and a common thing in betas?

Thanks in advance.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Hey all. I'm surprised that I haven't seen much posted about this before, but I swear that the status bar stays on top for almost 99% of open apps, and was usually hidden on ios 6 and the app was full screen. Specially when apps got updated with new dimensions for iPhone 5.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah its annoying.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011

Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about full screen apps? I'm not having issues with those

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011

Thanks in advance.

I'm seeing a lot of landscape apps displaying the status bar in portrait mode.
Looks pretty weird.

lotus8

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Are you talking about full screen apps? I'm not having issues with those

Yeah, for me, almost all apps that were full screen in ios 6 now are reduced in size since status bar is always on top.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Yeah, for me, almost all apps that were full screen in ios 6 now are reduced in size since status bar is always on top.

Can you tell me which apps? All my apps that a fullscreen apps display no status bar.

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011

Oh. Mine is just overlaid, so it doesn't decrease the app size.
Also, it's in the wrong orientation in landscape apps.

t884f4.jpg

lotus8

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Can you tell me which apps? All my apps that a fullscreen apps display no status bar.

I haven't found an app yet that doesn't have it on top. Can you give me the name if a few so I can check?

Also did the reset settings but still the same.

----------

Try Reset All Settings. Had the same thing and it's gone now.

Did that, still there. I only did the first 'reset settings' though and not 'reset content and settings'.

critic81

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2008
Massachusetts
If you are getting a persistent black status bar, its a bug related to having Guided Access enabled in Settings->Accessibility. Turn off guided access, reboot phone, and it should be fine.

grockk

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
If you are getting a persistent black status bar, its a bug related to having Guided Access enabled in Settings->Accessibility. Turn off guided access, reboot phone, and it should be fine.

I'm glad somebody figure out which setting was doing it!

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Developer. Preview. Beta.

Yes, and the OP pointed out that he knows this is a beta version of iOS. Seeing this kind of thing posted in every thread can be more annoying than the thread itself. Especially when...

Sometimes there are ways to fix the symptoms of bugs even in beta versions! There is zero harm done when somebody who is patient, understanding, and NOT angry asks for input with an issue they're having. I hate it when people who have no earthly idea what they walked into come in here and whine about why this or that doesn't work... but the OP did no such thing.

No need to jump down people's throats, especially when they're being respectful of others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.