Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JGraz19

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Is there a way to manually refresh the default Apple weather app on iOS 7? The standard pull down to refesh doesn't seem to work. How can I tell when the refresh is in progress and complete?

Thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps if you close the app and launch it again? You should be able to see in the hourly weather what it thinks Now is and the hour that follows it to see if you are in the right timeframe for the current hour.

amir-info

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2014
sorry to starter....im searching iPhone weather app for my ipad anybody could get me a link ?

JGraz19

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
That makes sense...thank you. Background refresh was on so I am guessing it was already up-to-date and why I couldn't manually refresh.

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
I'm using three weather apps because each has something I like. The Apple app gives a good overview of all your weather cities, Fahrenheit has the Badge Icon, and the Weather Channel app has the best radar.

I tried Yahoo and it's good too but about the same as WC since their last update. But the radar is not as good imo.

I'm a tennis player and fan so I set cities all over the world to monitor weather for tournaments. Also why local radar is important to me.

The Apple app is the only one that doesn't refresh with the pull down. Usually changing locations updates it but don't see indications that it is happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.