Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Yes works great, i have a strap that holds my iPad to my ear:)

Very Dom Joly . . .

Will be useful whilst browsing though. Also good the other way round allowing you to call Safari web page numbers from the iPad routing through the phone.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I can see this only being useful if your phone is in the other room and you're using your iPad. Otherwise you're draining the battery on TWO devices when you could just be draining it on one.

The SMS relay feature, on the other hand, is awesome, because now you can SMS with a real keyboard if you happen to be at your Mac when people text you. Woo!

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
I can see this only being useful if your phone is in the other room and you're using your iPad. Otherwise you're draining the battery on TWO devices when you could just be draining it on one.

The SMS relay feature, on the other hand, is awesome, because now you can SMS with a real keyboard if you happen to be at your Mac when people text you. Woo!

Or to send your lame Android using friends links or pictures while you are using your desktop! Very very cool.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
very dom joly . . .

‘Hello‽'

dom-joly-phone.jpg

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2012
I'm not on the Beta programme this time around, so can't test this myself.

I'd have thought it'd be one of the first things people who own both an iPhone & an iPad would want to try, however.

Unless I've completely misunderstood this feature? Which is possible.

Anyone had a go yet please?

Edit: just saw this on another thread;

i just called my dad on the iPad air through iPhone 5, the quality suck right now.

but you have to have bluetooth enabled on both devices . . .

Sounds like it works by turning the iPad into a Bluetooth Speaker and adding a GUI interface for control.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.