Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Hey guys

Let's share things we've noticed, things that are broken, screenshots of new features, etc.

I'll be starting as soon as Apple uploads it!

Will be updating the thread frequently so people don't have to read every post

Supported devices : iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2, iPad 3rd Gen, iPad 4th Gen, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina Display and iPod Touch 5th Gen.

Last edited:

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
For me, if the iPhone 4 is supported, I might wait until September unless people with an iPhone 4 use it and say it works well. I am getting the 4.7" iPhone when it's released, so I might just wait for that.

----------

When would it be out though?

Later today, probably between 1 and 3 PM PDT at the latest.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011
Have been contemplating the move from a JB 7.0.6 device to 7.1.1 and havent made the move...Have a developer acct so a move to iOS8 may be enough to push me. Should I go to 7.1.1 first or does that not matter?

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Have been contemplating the move from a JB 7.0.6 device to 7.1.1 and havent made the move...Have a developer acct so a move to iOS8 may be enough to push me. Should I go to 7.1.1 first or does that not matter?

My cousin asked me the same question today, it doesn't matter. Go straight to iOS 8 Beta 1

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009

If you're updating right to iOS 8 from iOS 7, it shouldn't matter.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
For me, if the iPhone 4 is supported, I might wait until September unless people with an iPhone 4 use it and say it works well. I am getting the 4.7" iPhone when it's released, so I might just wait for that.

----------

Later today, probably between 1 and 3 PM PDT at the latest.

Not supported on IP4 Only as far back as the 4S according to the keynote. So maybe you will get 7.1.2 soon :(

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
For anyone that's downloaded the beta: is there a new beta version of iTunes to go along with it? I'm wondering if I can install the beta using a Windows machine and the current public release of iTunes. Thanks.

Alonso Quijano

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2013
Noted. It worked for iOS 7, though... And once I installed the GM it worked fine...

This changed during the 7.1 Betas.

For anyone that's downloaded the beta: is there a new beta version of iTunes to go along with it? I'm wondering if I can install the beta using a Windows machine and the current public release of iTunes. Thanks.

Doesn't look like it.

But, I'm using a Windows machine and did all last year during the summer Betas. You should be fine.

MichaeloMGB

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2013
Virginia, USA
There usually is, and that's usually a beta too. From the Keynote, I saw that the new iTunes logo was red, so maybe that might be iTunes 12.0

You could check if there's an iTunes 12.0 beta; if there isn't, you should be OK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.