Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
I rebooted my iPad Air 32gb Wifi and this popped up. This happens on my iPhone 5s never my iPads.

Note: When I took a screen shot my iPad respring hence the photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    749.6 KB · Views: 667

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
It’s pretty much a given that Touch ID will be in future iPads. Not really a big outing in that sense.

I’m pretty sure someone posted a similar screen shot from an earlier beta anyway :)

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
Well I do think TouchID is coming to the next iPad but I don't think that message is outting the iPad. THe message says nothing about TouchID.

I could be wrong but I think after I reboot my iPhone 5S it makes a direct reference to TouchID in the message.

Cpt. Gilgamesh

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2013
USA
Interesting observation, but if I were to create an excuse to disguise the possibility of Touch ID on iPad, you just say that it's a default message after rebooting any device with a passcode in iOS 8

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA
Probably because you don't have it setup to lock immediately and it requires a passcode when you restart it. No big deal. Touch ID is inevitable on the iPad anyways.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
I think by "outted" the OP meant that it was confirmed. I don't think that he meant ruled out. To me, it makes sense. Every time you fully reboot your device, you have to enter your passcode the first time only rather than using TouchID. Probably just another security feature to prevent TouchID hacks upon first boot.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Nope. I see the same thing on my iPhone 5. And I'm pretty sure Touch ID isn't coming to the iPhone 5!

The requirement to enter your passcode after restarting has always been there for every device; it's just never said that. This just makes it clear that even if you have it set to not require a passcode for 5 minutes and you restart your phone or iPad, you still have to enter it regardless of that setting.

That said, there's little doubt Touch ID will come to the iPad. But this doesn't have anything to do with that.

moomanjohnny

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2014
California
That happened to me too on my iPod touch 5, but control and notification center was disabled. When I tried swiping up the camera on the lockscreen, it just brought up the passcode again. When I tried to take a screenshot it crashes. Hopefully they fix it in later betas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.