Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dreamer2go

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Hello guys,

I'm not sure if it happened to you, but my Call Time Lifetime was weirdly reset after restoring my iPhone 5s back up data to iPhone 6.

Situation:

So in iPhone 5s (running iOS 7.0.6) my call time lifetime is 59 days.
However, once I moved all my backup data over to iPhone 6, the lifetime call time became only 4 hours.

So, I upgraded my iPhone 5s from iOS 7.0.6 to iOS 8 to see what happens, and oddly enough, the Call time lifetime period became 4 hours as well...

But when I downgraded my iPhone 5s back to iOS 7.1.2, and restoring my backup, it became 59 days again.

In conclusion:

iOS 8 reset my Call Time lifetime statistic for me....
I was wondering if this happened to you guys?

Normally, I don't really care about this stuff, but I do kinda wanna have a sense of "continuity", as I have been using the iPhone since 2008...

Thanks!

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
Yep. It reset to something like 15 hours and 37 mins It's in a new folder called calldb under homedomain (I think) I used ibackupbot to manually extract the folder, use SQLite to edit the call info data and inject it back into the backup. Restore the phone and voila

Dreamer2go

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Yep. It reset to something like 15 hours and 37 mins It's in a new folder called calldb under homedomain (I think) I used ibackupbot to manually extract the folder, use SQLite to edit the call info data and inject it back into the backup. Restore the phone and voila

Woa... is this all done on the iPhone 6?
Let me know so I can try it!!!
You're a savior! :)

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
Woa... is this all done on the iPhone 6?
Let me know so I can try it!!!
You're a savior! :)

EDIT: don't forget to save your iTunes backup somewhere in case you muck it up :p

I don't see why it wouldn't work.. Same iOS..
Anyhow.. backup your phone in iTunes as normal
Install iBackupBot
Navigate to your backup and click on HomeDomain, Library, and CallhistoryDB
Copy your CallHistory.storedata to the desktop using ibackupbot's export function. Open this file using SQLite. Navigate to to ZCALLDBPROPERTIES

Now you need to grab your ios7 data.
Using the same method, Navigate to wireless domain instead.
Click on CallHistory
Open up call history.db
you should see the same keys such as timer_lifetime. Make your values in SQLlite file reflect the values in this file. For example, my ios8 version shows 5441 seconds as the counter. I replaced this with 61000 or whatever my actual usage was.

Once that's done, save and CLOSE the SQLite app (important!)
Go back to your HomeDomain, Library, Call history, etc. Click import. Select the file on your desktop. Now right click that backup and choose restore to device after plugging in your phone.

Works like a champ. Tested on ios8 GM iPhone 5.

Last edited:

Dreamer2go

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
EDIT: don't forget to save your iTunes backup somewhere in case you muck it up :p

This works on the iPhone 6! Thanks!!
Don't know what's wrong with Apple this time -_-"
I don't like iOS 8 so far.

kylesan

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2014

I don't see why it wouldn't work.. Same iOS..
Anyhow.. backup your phone in iTunes as normal
Install iBackupBot
Navigate to your backup and click on HomeDomain, Library, and CallhistoryDB
Copy your CallHistory.storedata to the desktop using ibackupbot's export function. Open this file using SQLite. Navigate to to ZCALLDBPROPERTIES

Now you need to grab your ios7 data.
Using the same method, Navigate to wireless domain instead.
Click on CallHistory
Open up call history.db
you should see the same keys such as timer_lifetime. Make your values in SQLlite file reflect the values in this file. For example, my ios8 version shows 5441 seconds as the counter. I replaced this with 61000 or whatever my actual usage was.

Once that's done, save and CLOSE the SQLite app (important!)
Go back to your HomeDomain, Library, Call history, etc. Click import. Select the file on your desktop. Now right click that backup and choose restore to device after plugging in your phone.

-----------------
OMG!!! Been suffering with this for month and reluctant to use the new iPhone 6 Plus as a main device...

I did tried anything I could think of with no luck...

Until last night, I found this thread --> now I can say my data has 100% successfully migrate to the new device...

Again, Thank you so much for sharing...

PS. at first, I thought I was the only one in the world who care about this little thing, but now I know people out there in this world also face the same problem as I did.

PS. my "Call Time" since 2008 with three iPhone is 42 days, 4 hours!!! Feel so happy to keep this stat going... How much is your number? Wondering I had wasted 42 days since 2008 talking on the phone!!! lol

Stratus Fear

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Actually, this isn't so much a bug as a fix. In the past, the lifetime counter was the call usage of an individual phone, so one could know how much that phone was used (not a counter of all your calls ever over multiple phones). It wasn't supposed to carry over between devices, nor be user modifiable or resettable. Not sure why Apple did it the way they did in the first place when they brought the iPhone to market. A cursory Google search shows this. Just search for "ios call lifetime"

kylesan

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2014
Wow! This thread has been carried over many years...

I always have problem for migrating data when buying a new iPhone, and once again having problem.
I saw my own reply back in 2014.

2015, still confirm this method works like a magic, with iOS 9.1, iPhone 6s Plus, iTunes 12.x!

Again, thank you everyone for sharing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.