Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
FL
I've been reading the forum and I can't help but notice that some unlocked iPhone users are getting SIM activation errors, should I heed these warnings? I am a developer that is interested in running this on an iPhone 5 A1429 Unlocked model. (But I do have an iPod touch for backup in case this truly is an issue)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There were some with iOS 7 beta installs as I recall. Anything can happen and it's hard to say what you will or won't run into, even if most things of that nature are not common.

tvotony

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013
I can't install the beta every time I try a new download it says that it's the wrong information that's packaged. I've also been doing betas since ios7 so I know how to make sure that the ipsw is the right one

schlaufox

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2013
I had a really odd issue when installing the iOS beta on my iPhone 5 (A1429, Locked).

I got the beta to install ok, but when I turned the iPhone off and back on again, it wanted to go through the setup screens again and re-activate my iPhone, which it was unable to do.

The fix was easy enough though: I plugged it into iTunes, which asked me to put in my Apple ID credentials, and the iPhone activated immediately.

Not sure why it happened, but I've switched the iPhone off and back on many times since, and the problem has not occurred again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.