Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
Every one of the iOS 7 betas worked just fine without a registered UDID and there was no problem with rebooting the phone either. Are you people just making this stuff up or this this beta actually different?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Every one of the iOS 7 betas worked just fine without a registered UDID and there was no problem with rebooting the phone either. Are you people just making this stuff up or this this beta actually different?
As did the first one or two iOS 7.1 betas, and then Apple started enforcing the UDID registration on the rest of the iOS 7.1 betas. So there's that.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
How did it go for you?

for what its worth after a 2nd DFU restore as NEW to iOS 8 it appears to be stable now. Before my last restore the battery percentage wouldn't even go up even when it was plugged in and charging indicator was present. :confused:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
for what its worth after a 2nd DFU restore as NEW to iOS 8 it appears to be stable now. Before my last restore the battery percentage wouldn't even go up even when it was plugged in and charging indicator was present. :confused:
Seems like installations are kind of all over the place. Some have luck one way or another, others don't have much luck in various ways. I went ahead and updated my phone simply using the upgrade method from iTunes and aside from some beta glitches here and there (although more than iOS 7 betas had from what I recall) it seems like things are alright in a more general sense as far as the system itself and basic functionality and features go (perhaps short of Safari not loading some web sites at all for some strange reason).

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011

Do you use Facebook? Working now? If not, I am headed backwards.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Do you use Facebook? Working now? If not, I am headed backwards.
Facebook seems to be fine for me. Seems like some others have said it was fine for them, although there was a report or two that it crashed for some as well. So it's a bit of a hit or miss type of thing still.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011
Facebook seems to be fine for me. Seems like some others have said it was fine for them, although there was a report or two that it crashed for some as well. So it's a bit of a hit or miss type of thing still.

It literally hasn't opened one single time for me...I deleted and reinstalled and everything.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It literally hasn't opened one single time for me...I deleted and reinstalled and everything.
Yup, that's the odd part. I've opened it and read things and posted/commented on things a number of times without coming across anything strange.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Even if you did somehow install iOS 8 without being a developer it would probably stop working like 7.1 did.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Do not install if you need your phone daily. On restart, you will require reauth, and you will fail, and you'll be bricked until you can DFU and reinstall iOS7.

Don't even bother.

I just restarted my phone And I'm typing from it right now

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yup, that's the odd part. I've opened it and read things and posted/commented on things a number of times without coming across anything strange.

Ive had enough of beta 1. Im going back to 7.1.1.

1. sometimes the phone won't wake up
2. auto-brightness does not work
3. my phone has been running warm even when not used.
4. itunes is not playing nice.

I'll revisit in beta 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.