Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vlaadpp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2017
hi i was wondering if anyone knows if pangu 8 is still working to jailbreak , i have an iphone 5 runinig on ios 8 and it seems to me (in this case) not to be working .

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
?????

The only version of iOS 8 not jailbreakable is iOS 8.4.1.

If you mean you are trying to jailbreak and the app is not working try Taig. http://www.taig.com/en/ for iOS 8.1.3 to 8.4.

Userx12

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2015
?????

The only version of iOS 8 not jailbreakable is iOS 8.4.1.

If you mean you are trying to jailbreak and the app is not working try Taig. http://www.taig.com/en/ for iOS 8.1.3 to 8.4.

Eyoungren, is there something else like this that will work for 9.2.1? I've jailbroken per your method, and got the Cydia app, but it crashes upon launch.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Eyoungren, is there something else like this that will work for 9.2.1? I've jailbroken per your method, and got the Cydia app, but it crashes upon launch.
I think the only method with 9.0 to 9.3.3 is Pangu.

However, I'm still on 9.0.2 so I'm not very familiar with the later jailbreaks.

Userx12

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2015
I think the only method with 9.0 to 9.3.3 is Pangu.

However, I'm still on 9.0.2 so I'm not very familiar with the later jailbreaks.
Ah, thanks anyhow. I looked around online but couldn't find much… I'll look a little bit more and then make a threat if I still have to.

trojo

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2017
hi i was wondering if anyone knows if pangu 8 is still working to jailbreak , i have an iphone 5 runinig on ios 8 and it seems to me (in this case) not to be working .

I have a phone with iOS 8 too. Did you have any luck with jailbreak? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.